_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
aztek problem
commanche1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 61 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 12:06 PM UTC
I have a testor 270 and I have cleaned it but it still wont spray ..it will blow air..(like my inlaws) jk ..it will not even blow thinner...any thoughts.... thanks everyone.
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 09:49 PM UTC
maybe connection from the paint reservoir is blocked?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:01 AM UTC
I had the same issue all the time with my Aztek. It would work like a charm one time, and the next time only blow air. It became so frustrating that I finally bit the bullet and bought a better airbrush, a Paasche H series. Other than cleaning it to within an inch of its life one thing that happened quite often is the little tiny hole in the paint lid would get blocked. It's so small you might not even notice it. Make sure that's cleaned out. Even though Testors says not to you might try taking apart the actual nozzles and making sure they are clean. As a last resort buy a new nozzle. If there is a Hobby Lobby near you they have a 40% off coupon this week. You can get a new nozzle for $6.00 or so after discount.
Roxter
Visit this Community
Rigas, Latvia
entire network: 268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 08:20 PM UTC
I would suggest to clean the nozzle like it's shown here and reading this forum thread.

As far as I know, most of Azteks have life time guarantee. You may contact Aztek and ask them about the issue and then return your aibrush for the new one. At least what I've done. Successfully
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would suggest to clean the nozzle like it's shown here and reading this forum thread.

As far as I know, most of Azteks have life time guarantee. You may contact Aztek and ask them about the issue and then return your aibrush for the new one. At least what I've done. Successfully

man, that looks like a lot of work
 _GOTOTOP