_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
ACUTR- Cuhail build #1
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 06:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And, accordingly, I want to know it's there. So...what the heck else would go into an engine room and an AC Gen room on a ficticious railtank?

If this is a long-range unit you will need a workbench and racking for spare parts and tools for in-field repairs and change-overs. It would be logical to have this gear close and handy for quick work with the Zombie Army hot on your heels.

Cheers, and MAGNIFICENT work BTW Cuhail, inspirational stuff.

D
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:41 AM UTC
Spares for a diesel.... in a post apocoliptic era.... filters, Injector pumps, glow plugs, hose, pipe, I'd try to think like a boat captian.... keep enough small spares that you'd be able to "limp" home (or to a repair area)
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dryer lint trap screening. Hermon never even thought of that!

Dude, I live so far back in the mountains of Western N.C., we get mondays sunshine on thursday. What the hell's a dryer? We wash clothes once a month and hang'em out in the sun.

I think D and Matt have the right idea about spares too. But in a real world case I'd take along plenty of rail sections and ties as well. See, when you yankee carpetbaggers come rolling into town with your fancy shmancy hi-tech choo-choos with all the buttons and gizmos me and the rednecks....er...uh...Southern Partisans....would just blow the tracks, hide in the hills till you came out to do the repairs, then pick ya'll off.

Seriously though, I'm drooling over that engine room. Some really great stuff in there not to mention that scratchbuilt diesel.

Hermon-Southern Command Partisan - zombie slayer
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:14 PM UTC

Good ideas, all! I think a spares bin and a small workbench might be just the trick. Excellent!

I also have to start the main Battle room too. Egads. This thing is a monster!

Cuhail
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 03:21 PM UTC
I gotta say Murph, you've got the long range stuff under control. If it were me though, I'd find some place to mount one of these

Nothing would scare the doodie out of enemy airsupport like the 20mm Phalax CIWS. I mean, it would just make sense to plan for air defence if you're sitting in a 10,000 ton 40 mph armored choo-choo. Plus it would just look cool.

Hermon
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 03:52 PM UTC

Hermon. Shhhhhh! All the scuttlebutt concerning the Niamh railtank is always soon followed by her sister-vehicle, another modern-based armored railcar. An anti-aircraft, anti-rocket double-ender, also self-propelled. There's also talk of an expeditionary two-car rail vehicle with an armored personel, self-propelled vehicle with a second, pulled car with a Dumvee and a couple Enduro bikes, all fast-deployable.

I've been on the lookout for the Italeri M 163 Vulcan bucket and just waiting for the right price. I've also seen a couple MLRS kits on the inexpensive side. I have one Enduro built and another on the shelf. Always looking for a Humvee on the cheapside.

And, would ya believe, NONE of that is for the EoD campaign?

Thanks for chirpin' in!

Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP