_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Boat hull needed
Gulf11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:48 AM UTC
Hi All;

I need some help in locating a suitable hull for an upcoming project.
I plan on building a 1/35 model of a Baltic Fishing Schooner (powered) which was used by the LRDG in the Med.

I need a hull with a flat transom and a slightly upswept bow. It needs to be between 11" and 14" inches in length and 4 inches at it's widest near the middle of the boat. The depth I can deal with with using a waterline display if neccessary. Ideally I would like to have something that I can display whole though.

I know this is kinda open for translation but after trolling the internet the last two weeks I can't find anything suitable in the way of pictures.
I've added a picture of the boat I wish to model for reference below.

Thanks
Sean
[email protected]
neil22
Visit this Community
Cotes-d`Armor, France
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 07:59 AM UTC
hi
give these people a ring/e-mail....... they do full boat kits, but their "danny boy" drifter, looks the perfect hull for your model.... maybe they will sell you just the hull, some boat companies wil. though if you get the whole kit, they are very goo. i am building the boston typhoon at the moment, have a look on my website

hope this helps
neil
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 08:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi
give these people a ring/e-mail....... they do full boat kits, but their "danny boy" drifter, looks the perfect hull for your model.... maybe they will sell you just the hull, some boat companies wil. though if you get the whole kit, they are very goo. i am building the boston typhoon at the moment, have a look on my website

hope this helps
neil

Neil you didn't mention what people? I'm guessing you mean mountfleet models

If so the hull will be way too big as it's 1/24 scale.
 _GOTOTOP