_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
I need help with my guntruck
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 03:44 AM UTC
I started to work on the Model Valley guntruck conversion the other night and i noticed that the end armor plats were Concaved a little bit( bent inwards ) Does anyone know how i can make them straight?? I tried putting some pressure on it with my fingres but it didnt work. I've heard people say put it in somewhat Hot water or use a blow drier, but that was for ammo belts or other small things. Would that work for this??

thanks,
Mike
Armor135
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 04:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I started to work on the Model Valley guntruck conversion the other night and i noticed that the end armor plats were Concaved a little bit( bent inwards ) Does anyone know how i can make them straight?? I tried putting some pressure on it with my fingres but it didnt work. I've heard people say put it in somewhat Hot water or use a blow drier, but that was for ammo belts or other small things. Would that work for this??

thanks,
Mike
Armor135

Depending on the thickness of the resin, either method would work. If you haven't cut off the pouring plug, the hot water method might work best for you. Use a pair of pliers to hold the part by the pouring plug, and immerse it in the hot water for a few seconds.

Take it out and dip it into cold water. Sometimes that doesn't work, and if a flat piece, I put it under a book to press it flat while cooling.

The hair dryer does the same thing, but heats the resin slower than the hot water, alowing you a little "flex time" to help get the part into shape before it cools.

Good Luck!

Gunnie
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 08:52 AM UTC
Ok Gunnie thanks for the tip, i'll give it a try later on,

Mike
 _GOTOTOP