Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Pet Forum Peeves
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 08:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

oh yeah i like ttlly no wat u meen u no ihate that 2 its like so ttlly anoying when som1 dos that n it like rilly makes me so mad u no nad theirs also that other thin tat rilly maks me wat 2 screem n pul my hare out

I could actually read that.

Sorry, this is going off-topic, but I couldn't help thinking of this.

Quoted Text

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 12:31 PM UTC
My pet peeves.................

Campaign leaders who start a really cool campaign and then don't show back up to the forum for a year.

People who can't take a compliment. You post a message telling them how great their airplane turned out and how realistic it appears and then they type 8 paragraphs explaining how "to the untrained eye" it looks OK but in reality it has 67 major faults including a 1mm spot of silvering on a decal on the underside of the wing, tiny piece of lint trapped inside of the CLOSED canopy, the colors are all wrong, etc.

Hermon
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 01:49 PM UTC
I lkie the way taht the fkols at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy slepl all tsohe wrods
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 09:15 PM UTC
My pet peeve: people who like to whinge! Just kidding...

I'm actually very stoic and find that most of those peeves listed above don't annoy me. Two things to remember when reading something with poor speeling and/or grammer: this is an international forum and english would not me the native language of many of the members and sometimes posts can be made late at night after a few beers. If you find a thread is raising your blood pressure over something small just move on to the next thread.

The first pet peeve taised here about resurrecting long dead threads is something I've actually done a few times and it regularily gains a new life. Not everyone was around 2 or 3 years ago and many new people might still find it of interest.

Live and let live,
Sean
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 01:40 AM UTC
My pet-peeve is guy's who still think that this is a " guy's " hobby and us females are not welcomed .
pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 02:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My pet-peeve is guy's who still think that this is a " guy's " hobby and us females are not welcomed .

You mean ... you're a girl?
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 02:29 AM UTC
You didn't know Sean ?
pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 02:47 AM UTC
I might have picked up the odd clue ...
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 04:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My pet-peeve is guy's who still think that this is a " guy's " hobby and us females are not welcomed

I've encouraged women to get involved in the hobby for years.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 05:19 AM UTC
Finally got my wife on board. Talk about a hard build . My pet peeve is some one who say's " I can't do that". Heck, I couldn't do it untill I tried either. And that's why we have scrap drawers full of stuff that didn't work. Now, where would we be without that totaly nessesary drawer. U.S.C.W.A.P. more than likely.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 09:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My pet-peeve is guy's who still think that this is a " guy's " hobby and us females are not welcomed

at the model club (only been to 2 meetings and its not fantastic atm,)
Willow was asked what she modelled, and when awnsering Armour and A few A/C one of the Members said, " Maybe you should do figures instead."
modelmaidenwillow
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

at the model club (only been to 2 meetings and its not fantastic atm,)
Willow was asked what she modelled, and when awnsering Armour and A few A/C one of the Members said, " Maybe you should do figures instead."

That's pretty offensive to me! And quite rude Nothing wrong with girls modelling at all
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 10:49 AM UTC
Women , have served my country and its citizens. They have worn the uniform and quite a few have died with an M 16 in their hands same as the men. If they ,or even non military women ,find a military like hobby interesting ,I say welcome aboard and join the fun. Same like Grumpy, I encourage it.....................Al
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 10:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Terri and Willow. Your are both more than welcome on here the more girls the merrier
I think sometimes people just steriotype. Everyone has raised all the little things that annoy me besides one that probably annoys me the most. People that just sit on here moaning and picking apart peoples models without posting a single picture of their own builds. I know I havn't put anything up lately but im really not feeling it at the moment and college is so hectic right now and I can't simply find the time. Also I have Swine Flu that isn't helping....

thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 02:32 PM UTC
Hi Willow ! and thank you guy's for the support .

I still get dissed every now and then and it is up setting in many ways . After all we all are here for one reason , to share !

Willow , you showed a lot of strenght . I would have slapped that guy and a few other things , which can't be said here !

Hi Sean
Grip84
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 78 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 03:54 PM UTC
Pet peeves? How about people with way too much idle time on their hands who post pointless rants on web blogs all day? What's up with them? And then there's the people who waste time reading them and posting what they think are witty...uh, never mind.

Sorry, forgot to take my medications.

Scott

Oh yeah, and what about people who say "I could care less..." when they really mean, "I couldn't care less?" I mean, if you could care less, then you care to some degree, don't you, you silly little man? Oh, uh, sorry everyone.
pseudomilitarily
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 03:10 AM UTC
mmm...I agree, very interesting post
sacman
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 16 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 03:26 AM UTC
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also, my rare evil-bay plugs are NEVER shameful. Totally shameless! Like, I have another round of auctions starting next Sunday PM PDT under my sellers name: minidudes.
Can I get some love and Brasso with that please?

Yep, shameless plugs and bumps, and bumps, and bumps.

I think I'll start thinning the stash on EvilBay, or some other site just to be able to do shameless plugs and bumps too. Not to mention unloading a hundred or more kits I'll never live long enough to build.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

mmm...I agree, very interesting postWhat do you mean, I ain't kind?

This Alie character (pseudomilitarily) who jumps into a thread and leaves whatever that link is. There is another goofis on the site also. Charles Young has notice them as well. Can any one do some thing about them?

Robert

old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 03:00 PM UTC
I can add afew in my own single minded way.
..folks who used to offer criticism on the non use of PE parts on a given model{mostly armor}.Mind you- I haven't seen this for quite a while here.
..would make comments like "well, if you just wanted to slap the thing together" for a guy whose only got single digits for posting{I read new guy}.
..someone who'll say "I can't do that or build that way" without ever trying.
..people who never tell folks, when asked, their secrets to the build or ways they painted or washed so we're left in the dark as to how to ever accomplish this ourselves on our builds{which does fall back on - hey, just try it}. I though we were all here to learn and to teach each other...some folks just want to be put on a pedestal and be admired I guess.
..people who toss out a model because it's too crude - just what did they start on when they were young, 500pc count DML kits?{no offence to those who actually did- } Just scratch afew things and go on with the build-
..last one, I promise - folks who toss up alot of builds, ask for the usual comments and get alot of praise - but ya never see this guy offer any in return to anyone, on anything.
Other than that, I can handle spelling errors, less than usual thank yous, pics of ugly girls with pompoms{you know who you are! } and the fact that terri's a girl...wait a minute - terri's a girl?!
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 03:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

mmm...I agree, very interesting postWhat do you mean, I ain't kind?

This Alie character (pseudomilitarily) who jumps into a thread and leaves whatever that link is. There is another goofis on the site also. Charles Young has notice them as well. Can any one do some thing about them?

Robert

My two cents - just ignore them...give to them what they put into it...nothin!

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 03:58 PM UTC
Bob you are correct I just needed to blow off steam, Thanks.

Robert
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 04:08 PM UTC
My pet peeve is when someone spends the better part of his/her life working on that one perfect build, posts it only to have it bumed after two hours by beaking news like" XZY's new 1/35th scale resin german left index finger set" I know ads are the bread and butter of this site and I'm not saying thier news is any less important, but they should have thier own place, that dosn't take away space from the guys/gals who build thier kits.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My pet peeve is when someone spends the better part of his/her life working on that one perfect build, posts it only to have it bumed after two hours by beaking news like" XZY's new 1/35th scale resin german left index finger set" I know ads are the bread and butter of this site and I'm not saying thier news is any less important, but they should have thier own place, that dosn't take away space from the guys/gals who build thier kits.

Oh I don't know about that one sir...remember- "you" just buttoned up that fine pre-XYZ kit before the new kit came out and you added the extra touches{we'll just assume ya did} that the new kit already has...easy way out for those who buy the new kit, long row that got hoed by you already. It's like being at the cruise nights...I admire a guy who'll build up an old flathead or nailhead because of the known work he had to do, long before someone who simply dropped in a small block chevy...good hard work never goes unappreciated by those who know!