History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
strange news about hitler
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 - 05:51 AM UTC
Apparently his skull is not his skull. (Or if it is indeed his, then he even had one testicle less than he was originally accused of.)
Does it mean anything as far as history goes? Does it imply what the article suggests, that he, in fact might have survived? Or the KGB was a bit careless with the skulls, and they got mixed up in transit?
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 01:32 PM UTC
I think the biggest problem with this story is the claim that:

"A year later, skull fragments were dug up by Russian forces which seemed to confirm Hitler had shot himself in the bunker."

Where is the evidence to suggest that the incinerated body of the dictator was ever buried in the first place? Besides, where would you bury the body of such an evil man? Not the local cemetery or in some Berliner's back yard I hope!

I believe the bones never survived the initial treatment of the Russian soldiers who stormed the bunker. I think the body was mutilated and completely incinerated. If I were one of those Russian soldiers, I would certainly be convicted to destroy the remains of such man and erase his physical existence from the earth completely.

spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:12 AM UTC
The body was burned by the Germans; and the Russians did find two burned remains -a man and a woman- in a shallow grave in the yard of the bunker. When they took Berlin, they were very careful to swipe the place clean, to pick everything up, and not to destroy any documentation, anything, just like the Wester Allies did.
The story actually rings true from that part. The rest - who knows?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 03:35 AM UTC
Several things about this article stand out for me.

First off, the lead sentence is totally sensationalizing. "ADOLF Hitler may not have died in a bunker after fresh research suggests the skull thought to be the tyrant's was from a woman. " This makes the leap of logic that since this might not be the skull of Hitler then he must have survived the bunker. There is no evidence what so ever that he survived and even if this is not his skull plenty of evidence that he died.

Second all though the article does mention, "
"There is no report of Eva Braun having shot herself or having been shot afterwards.", that doesn't prove that she didn't and the simplest explanation of the skull fragment is that it was Eva Braun's, not Hitler's.

Third the archaeologist makes the point himself that "It could be anyone. Many people were killed around the bunker area." The skull fragment might belong to anyone and might not have any connection at all with Hitler, Braun, or the Nazis at all.

I believe there has always been doubt about this skull fragment actually being Hitler's, this just confirms that it isn't.

spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 05:07 AM UTC
As I indicated the article is not slam-dunk, but it's not completely dismissible, either.
Not many women died around the bunker; there were only Mrs Goebbels, who poisoned herself, the secretaries, who survived, and possibly some domestic help, who I don't know anything about -even if they were there. In either way, I doubt many people would have gotten the gasoline treatment, other than the big-shots. You're not making a viknig funeral for some busboy in a warzone.
We also know for sure that Brown didn't have any gunshot wounds - some people, who burned their bodies, survived. Not to mention the Russians found the bodies: one with dental records and a hole in the head matching Hitler, the other is a female, possibly Brown. These bodies disappeared in Russia.
As it is, the article is inconclusive. They probably mixed up the specimens in their vaults; it is very unlikely that Hitler actually survived (and even if his double was shot and burned, it would have been a male skull they found).

Having said that I was kind of hoping that people would pick up the testicle reference, and go with it, when I posted the link, to be honest.
Flivver
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 06:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Apparently his skull is not his skull. (Or if it is indeed his, then he even had one testicle less than he was originally accused of.)
Does it mean anything as far as history goes? Does it imply what the article suggests, that he, in fact might have survived? Or the KGB was a bit careless with the skulls, and they got mixed up in transit?

Frankly this on-going Hitler remains stuff reminds me of all the Christian churches in the Palestine and Europe that claim to have a chunk of the origional cross of Christ as well as a nail or two.

Mark Twain in his book "Innocents Abroad" commented he actually saw about a keg of nails and enough wood to build a small structure from the proported artifacts form the "origional Cross" in the churches in Europe alone.

But having said that, maybe they should see if they can genetically clone a new little Adolph, eh?

Ed
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 07:16 AM UTC
Ahhh come on...everyone knows that Hitler is still living. Same with Elvis, John Lennon, etc, etc.

Hasn't anyone seen Men in Black??
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,274 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 10:55 AM UTC
Having watched him on Youtube reacting violently to all sorts of bad news, it's amazing he hasn't blown a blood vessel or had a seizure by now.....

--Karl