_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
SOME DECENT DECALS!!!!!!!!!!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 04:50 PM UTC
Today i finished my 1/35 panda models UH-1D "wasp" and the dragon vietnam helicopter crew, its without a doubt the best job ive ever done, they are perfect, so i went on to do the decals, thought i might start with the big UNITED STATES ARMY decal, the main decals, and what happens, they break up and shatter into a million pieces, i dont know what to do, im so mad, can u buy any 1/35 UNITED STATES ARMY decals for hueys on there own? decent ones that wont break, i was thinking of just being very careful and writing it one with a fine permanent marker but i dunno, anyone else had this happen to them? well please help, cheers
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 06:06 PM UTC
Lestweforget,
it can happen for a series of reasons like not proper storage, low quality of the decals and so on. What I can suggest is to try to soak one decal not relevant to your project and, if it "melts" or breaks down in pieces, give them a coat of Microscale Liquid Decal Film; it seals the decals and prevent them to break down in pieces. Unnfortunately I've got no clue of where you can find them or if they exist.
Ciao
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 10:30 PM UTC
Hi, as said by SCOCCIA, you can also clear coat airbrushed on the decal sheet, but choose one like a enamel kind, not acrilics...
Cheers and good luck
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 10:35 PM UTC
Make a stencil out of it. Then paint it with white or any color it needed
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2003 - 01:26 AM UTC
hey lest
maybe i can help..for an idea..i can scan some from my mrc huey kit..if theres a hobbyshop around you you can picup some decal paper and take to a copy shop and have them laser printed...
the decals i have are for a uh-1c charle model...of the 174 ahc.in vietnam..called the sharks
they were gunships
if your building the d model..uh-1d..called a slick..u can use the general army markings..as the delta model was also with the 174th called the dolphins...
or you can do it as an evac..called a dustoff....and add some medical red crossed..and some others around here may have some decals to give you some more ideas
the only aftermarket decals i know of is by Two Bobs but theyre for marine cobras

if you like email me with your addy and i'll scan later today
hope this helps...Ray
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,017 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2003 - 12:11 PM UTC
Hey dont fill bad it happened to me also really got PEOED my is still setting there naked . Hey darkstar would you mind sending them to me also I would appreciate. I hate to pay so much for a kit and the decals suck.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2003 - 03:49 PM UTC
G'day, DARKSTAR THAT WOULD BE GGGGRRRREAT!!! well im not quite sure what mine is to be honest, its just the basic troop transport/medivac UH-1D and i bought the dragon huey crew set and used the fixed M60, not the one on the rope, would it work if when u sent them to me i cut the letters out and used it as a stencil and airbrushed the letters on? cheers, pm me and ill give you my e-mail address
Stormin
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 232 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2003 - 10:26 PM UTC
Hi there, I have a set of 1/35th decals from a Huey. If you would like them either PM me or email me @ [email protected] with your address and I will post them of to you. Let me know.
Cheers, Kenny.
P.S. I'm not at home at the moment, I'm staying at a friends place, so don't worry if I don't get straght back to you. I'm not 100% sure of the kits make and model but all i can tell you is it's definetly a 1/35th Huey UH-1 something.
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 01:40 AM UTC
stormin..its probly the huey hog or frog..i have both of them..they're uh-1c's...gunships
Ray
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 01:41 AM UTC
lest .....send an email..get them right out
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 04:45 PM UTC
Thanks agains guys, darkstar, i sent you a pm with my e-mail addy, thanks stormin but you being in scotland and i being in aus, wont it cost alot for you to send me out those decals? cheers
 _GOTOTOP