_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
done chasing my own tail
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 03:03 AM UTC
Does anyone have the time and inclanation to explain to us that have not figure it out, how to post pics. I have tried following CMOT's write up and no sucsess. I have tried all the up load articals I have found on armorama and kitmaker and still nothing. I had two inprogress photo's take on kitmaker, now somehow it's down to one and still can't get them to download even though it say's ( photo download sucsessful) wonder where they go? I am not that computer literate but directions are drections, just like the kits we build, step one ect. There has to be an easier way to do this. Scott suggested to put them in a zipper, but have no idea what that is and sure as heck have not figured out how to size the pixels to whatever size they need to be. I have been chasing my own tail for months trying to get this figured out so I can share my work with fellow modelers. Feedback from other modelers is critical to advance our skills and idea sharing. Have learned alot here and it would be nice to post pic's for that purpose. I am probably asking a whole lot, but have just reached a dead end with this problem. If there is something I can read that would explain this, I would apriciate it, Thanks in advance for any help.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 03:34 AM UTC
Hi Bob , well I hope I'm able to help you out with this for the most part . It did take me a long time to learn how to post pic's . Every one was using computer talk which is a whole new language for me and still is .

I'm not sure on what program came with your camera but when you up load the pictures from your camera to the computer you should be able to resize them there .

Reason why you are getting the message and no pic's is the pic are to big , I think . I had the same issue before until I learn't the resizing steps with my camera . You know how to go through some of the steps so I won't get into that .

Once you get your pic's in your gallery . Click on the photo you want to post . now right click on that pic . Then click on properties a window will pop up and where it says Address ( url ) you want to highlight that . once high light right click again and click on copy . Now go back to you post and on the bottom ( top of the smiles ) click on [ img ] . you what to high light this part only h ttp://put url here/image.file . Don't high light the two [ img] thingies . once that is done right click and click on paste . then hit the ready to reply and your pic should be in your post .

Hope this helps you out in some ways
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 04:17 AM UTC
Thanks Terri, will attempt this today after my morning frustration wears off.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 08:19 AM UTC
i find photobucket MUCH easier to use here is a step by step in pics, to show you how

make an account, and before you start uploading go to "more options"

select the 800X600 resoloution for good size/quality ratio

Click upload (number 1) then locate the pictures you want and highlight them holding control as you clikc each indy picture you want, then press open

it will proceed to upoad

When done, hover over your photo, and copy the bottom link (right then click copy OR control c)

Paste it into your armorama box, ( right click paste OR control V) with text and other pics if you want

you should be seeing this

hope this helps

this isnt irrelevant, hang one one second
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 01:12 AM UTC
James, thanks for the reply, will attempt this tonight. Hopefully you'll see some new stuff, and I'll be able to hear the laughs here. If not, I'll lock and load and go hunting for whoever invented the computer Thanks.
Terri, Didn't get a chance yesterday to try your way but tonight one will work I hope. Today a 1/1 scale roof.
This post was removed.
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 07:48 AM UTC
Thank you Terri. I tried your instructions for posting pictures and it worked. (See my post in tools, workbenchs). I have printed a copy of your instructions and will keep them handy. Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP