_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Newbie to modelling-hello!
Hinksy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 04:14 AM UTC
Good afternoon folks,

Apart from hunting and shooting, my main interest is the history of 20th Century conflicts-mainly WWII but also WWI and Vietnam, and to a lesser extent the first Gulf conflict.

It was a natural progression that I'd start building model tanks. I've spent the last couple of weeks searching websites and reading magazines etc while deciding what I want my first piece to be. I finally got my first kit-a 1/48 scale Tamiya Tiger I. As it's my first model I decided to keep it simple and paint it the recommended Tiger Grey. I started this afternoon and have assembled the turret which I'll be be painting tomorrow and have also painted the tracks and wheels as I'll be assembling the hull tomorrow.

I think I might turn this first project into a simple Diorama-I'll see how it goes but it's looking great so far.

My main thought is to how to 'weather' the tank after I've finished it-I don't want it looking like it's just rolled off the production line!

Many thanks,

Ben
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 04:50 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Ben. When it comes to aging your model it is well worth looking at the MIG range of washes and pigments.
PanzerGeek
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 05:43 PM UTC
welcome Ben and happy modeling.

Todd.
 _GOTOTOP