_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
WHO can sell some .50 browning bullets 1/35
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
entire network: 1,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 107 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 05:56 AM UTC
.. Not Mission Models apparently, they've got a strange sense of business when it comes to mailing charges as they want to charge me 30 bucks for a 0.20lbs letter to France.
As a reference Scale Hardware and their great rivets charge me 3$ for twice the same weight.

But the the problem stays, I need those bullets and spent cartridges for my latest diorama , findable as a SBS on Armorama here so do you know ANOTHER company that stocks them?
Thanks for viewing
JB

mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 452 Posts
KitMaker Network: 143 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 07:35 AM UTC
There are three sets of Armorscale spent .50 cal cartridges left at ModelsbyMickster.com.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, though.

Good luck!
Michael
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 09:12 PM UTC
Thanks Michael, great link thanks for the help!
Ah well those ones want to charge me 26$ for the postage, that's still 4$ less than Mission
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
entire network: 674 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 03:44 AM UTC
You could buy cartridges directly from Armorscale. They seem to be from Poland, postage is likely cheaper than from the US
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 07:08 AM UTC
Postage out of the US seems to be insane anymore.... even a small letter... IDK why
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 11:40 AM UTC
HLJ has the Adlers Nest sets, I've always found their shipping very reasonablen from Japan to Ireland

http://www.hlj.com/product/ADNANM35016
http://www.hlj.com/product/ADNANM35015
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 12:17 AM UTC
thank you for all your help guys but it seems I sorted it out thanks to one of kitmaker's usual suspect
-Arpad thank you, i would probably have went your way, and anyway the bookmark is added

-thanks too Pat! I must say i am blissfully ignorant of what exists and of what doesn't exists when it comes of "ready made" model making..

-Matt i think that's either scorn for foreign model-makers, frank laziness from Mission Models or more probably, he doesn't care about a guy only willing to buy 15$ worth of matrerial from his shop.
I very regularly buy some rivets from Scalehardware for my boat models, and I pay 3 $ for 3 or 4 sets to France, and I get the stuff roughly 3 days after my order, the owner is both efficient friendly and fast.
On the contrary it took 2 mails from me to Mr Mission saying that anyway that's his USPS rates, dot.
I don't know, he must have some golden b.. so that he can afford spitting on 15$, i thought it was crisis over there, not for him apparently.

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 03:25 AM UTC
I hear ya! I've been one to shop around. I'll order overseas... or from mail order places in the US Some are great some not so good. I can say from personal experience filling out the customs forms can be a drag.

Don't be afraid to go to the USPS website and try to estimate the shipping from there to you. (you can usually get the Zip code from thier site. the other thing you'd need is the weight.
 _GOTOTOP