_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
problems bringing up ModelPoint USA web site
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 12:00 PM UTC
For the past month I have tried to bring up the ModelPoint USA web site about a half dozen times. Each time I get a strange error page, not the usual 404 type thing or the usual Internet Explorer Cannot Connect type error. It's a page saying that there are errors with the site but the errors can't be displayed, blah, blah, blah. I'm no slouch when it comes to computers and the Internet, but this is a new one on me.I have never seen this type of error page before. I wondered if their site may have been one of the 55,000 websites recently infected with malware or the group of sites attacked previous to that batch and still down. I also thought maybe the site has been taken down and remnants are still there so my PC is trying to connect but can't complete the process.

For anybody interested I'm using Internet Explorer 8 with Windows XP Pro SP3 with Norton Internet Security 2009 as my firewall and virus protection.

If you can get to the site OK pleased advise, or if there is a problem with it I would appreciate that information as well. Thanks!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 02:23 PM UTC
Just worked for me with no problems.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 02:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just worked for me with no problems.

Thanks Dave. I'm going to dig out the dusty old laptop that still has IE7 on it and see if it will connect. I'm trying to locate a 1/35 metal 37 mm cannon barrel for a Renault LT-17 tank. I need a pair of MG 13K barrels as well for another project.
 _GOTOTOP