Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Bad luck with tanks
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
You ever get a tank that would be better off if it ended up in a junk yard ? Well i did this past AT . To start off it had a hyd. leak no big deal a hour in the mant area and we were back up and headed back down range. A day later the leak comes back same o ring back to mant . then the engine starts to burn a LOT of oil . Bumped a tree with the gun tube threw cb#19 main gun primer =misfire +loss of bore site so after a q 2 we finish up TT 7 then on to range 45 and tt 8 thats when things really went bad . The LRF went out twice the tis was stuck in the on position the hyd leak came back still burning oil, new gunner had trouble with target aqusition so time had got us on a few engagments so now we are going to q 2 TT8 they modified our nite run to 6 eng insted of 4 so we could at least qualify we get red con 1 and the cross wind sensor goes out we back up to get it fixed then the fog rolls in the first eng. is the long range mover from the TC position well the target was in the far edge of the fog bank and my tank was on the other first round hit we contune mission to bp 1 TIS goes white i ask my gunner "did you bump the contrast knob "? "no " charlie 92 calls us " can you identify the left and right range fans " ? "no " we used a flash lite to look around visibility was about 15 feet so wew called it a nite and a non qualfied on TT 8 . Well it was my first gunnery as a TC but i never dreamed it would go this bad the only reason we never " hot bedded "another tank was because we wanted to see what would break next.
TURRETTOAD -13 " TOWER THIS IS C-13 THANKS FOR LETTING US PLAY "
13 OUT