_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
How not to pierce your finger
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 09:14 AM UTC
I was working on an M1A2 Howitzer and scratch building some armor reinforcements. I knew from the first one, that push pins were perfect. The problem was that when I clipped the pin, the sharp end flew off. OK. I decided to just hold the sharp end, so as not to step on it later. Great idea! Well, I clipped it perfectly, the needle didn't get away and the other end landed on my work table. Bad news. The sharp end pierced my finger next to the bone.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 09:54 AM UTC
Ouch Matt. No permanent damage I hope.

I was wondering just yesterday if there were any modelers out there who had never had a modelling related injury. I have various xacto blade scars including 8 stitches in my left index finger.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 10:52 AM UTC
OUCH ! I've also been the victim of that stray x-acto blade... more than a few times .milvehfan
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,024 Posts
KitMaker Network: 270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 11:23 AM UTC
yeah, the good ol' exacto, cant live with it, cant live without it, hope its not to serious matt. i once had to get 4 stitches on 3 fingers , if ya do the math it equals a whole lotta pain and vibrant language that we're all to sosphisticated for
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 12:10 PM UTC
Actually apart from the pain and lasting scar I came out slightly ahead, the doctor was a good looking woman from New Zealand who gave me the forceps and tweezers she used to sticth my finger up

05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 12:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually apart from the pain and lasting scar I came out slightly ahead, the doctor was a good looking woman from New Zealand who gave me the forceps and tweezers she used to sticth my finger up

BONUS!!!!! uuuuuhhhmmm,did you get the nice doctor's phone #?
Rick
 _GOTOTOP