_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
frustration help
buck73
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 10:00 AM UTC
anyone here have a certain model that you have a hard time to finish it,and you would drather toss it aside and start a new one...

BUCK...
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 10:28 AM UTC
usually...
usually i get disheartened, and buy a new kit of something else. stupid really, seemings im on v limited income
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 02:10 PM UTC
God yes! And I'm sure we all have at one point or another Usually I either work through it or I start another kit. I model for relaxation
Darryl
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 05:11 PM UTC
Panther G sitting on a cabinet for over a year and a half. Just need to finish the tracks and weathering. TBM-3 nearly painted. Sitting for almost a year. Maybe one day I will get my interest back up in one of them and finish the job.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,684 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 05:35 PM UTC
Lol, yes,yes,yes

A few sitting in the cupboard giving me the evil eye everytime I open the door.....

Pz I....I'm not cutting all those indy links off the sprue, I'll buy friuls....haven't as of yet

Kingtiger....I don't feel like adding zim to this, it'll still look ok to me, need Optivisor to add the little PE track cable holders......have had the optivisor for many moons, but now a KT just wouldn't look right without zim....

M4....base coat of paint on, why isn't that one finished?

Elefant.....got the AM zim for it, keep opening the box and haven't gotten past the third step!

I'll stick to the 38(t) variants, at least I finish them even if it takes me 6-12 months! (ooops, all except that Aufklarungspanzer)

That's the armor kits....there's others in there too
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 12:36 AM UTC
Hello Buck, There was a time when I not only would "toss a model aside", but actually fling it against the nearest wall. That was in the days of $2.00 models (yes, that long ago), with the price of a kit nowadays, I just walk away from a frustrating model with the intention of returning to it at some point. However, that can be a matter of an hour, a month, or years! I try to stay away from kits that are known to be of extremely poor quality (websites like this help to avoid them). Sometimes, I just lose interest in a current project. I built an AMTRAC (the Italeri LVT-4) on a base, so I could display it with the ramp down. I was so happy with how it turned out, I built three more, each with a more elaborate base than the preceding ones, more like dioramas. Then I just ran out of steam in the middle of #5. I've returned to it a few times, but it still sits incomplete. One day I know I'll finish it, I just don't know when. Al
buck73
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 10:25 AM UTC
Thanks guy,s i am glad i am not alone on this I tossed it in a box and labled it parts(ha ha ha),thanks guys, i can move on...take care

BUCK....
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 11:53 AM UTC
I have a 1/72 Stryker waiting for cage armor - just the look at the PE frets has me worried. The stuff is sooo thin and .. some day I'll man-up and get going. Until then I just keep looking at it
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 894 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 08:32 PM UTC
Well,

I know how that feels. (un)fortunately my pride usually prevents me from giving up. I recently finished a model I started in 2006 and now I'm finishing one that also has been around for a few years. It is part of my "one model at the time" improvement project With less kits half finished kits around it is easier for me to focus on even the worst kits so the chance of tossing them is greatly reduced When a kit frustrates me I usually walk away and do something else than modelling such as reading a book. After a day or 2 I feel motivated again.
SAS007
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 08:37 AM UTC
Hi all
I have a few kits half built because whenever I go up into the loft to do some I say to myself "I konw just the diorama for that " then see another kit and go " I know just the diorama for that " and the next and .......... You get the picture
I eventually have to come back down my head buzzing

Steve C jnr
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 11:47 AM UTC
You had to bring it up!!!

I built an old Tamiya Stuart. I was so amazed because all the little handles and strap hooks went on and didn't lean over. The fender sides went on perfectly and fit so well. Painting came out so well my cheeks hurt from smiling. The rubber-band tracks finished out so nicely.

Then came final assembly. The tracks wouldn't fit under fender side covers. The end connectors didn't want to lay in the drive sprockets correctly. The side fenders ended up splitting apart at the seams because of the way the tracks fit under them. Worst of all was the hull just would not fit together at the front without leaving a gap. I put more time into trying to complete the final assembly and getting everything to fit than building and painting everything prior to that stage. No matter what I did, it just would not go together. I gave up because evil impulses were starting to suggest horrible things to do to it.

Today, it still sits in a box eventually fated to be shown in a destroyed state as part of a diorama of some sort. I just have too much time invested to bring myself to throw it out. The only thing that probably saved it from the land-fill beyond my wasted time was when I learned that this early Tamiya Stuart was grossly inaccurate in multiple ways.
 _GOTOTOP