TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Anyone see Inglourious Basterds?
Tonyfr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 516 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 07:52 AM UTC
I am toying with the idea to go see this movie. I generally like Tarrantino's work. However, I can see this one going over the top.

Tony
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 08:08 AM UTC
My brother’s girlfriend cousin’s next door neighbor said his postman saw it and was pretty good!

Ok getting real, no not yet myself but plan to. Arnold (Sopmod6) seen it over this weekend and say’s it’s a great movie, and you will not be disappointed. He also mentioned that its in chapters like a typical Tarrantino movie.

Joe
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC
I've heard mixed results: one mate loved it, another thought it was the biggest load of crap he'd seen. Both are modellers and thus historians as well...
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 07:00 PM UTC
I should see it tomorrow so I can give you a review. It probably depends on what you expect. If you expect a Tarantino you'll probably get it, if you expect an accurate war film... well, you might want to consider watching something else...

Cheers!
Stef
Tonyfr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 516 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
I heard a review of the movie on the way into work today. They said it was a pretty good movie and not a gory as his prior films.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've heard mixed results: one mate loved it, another thought it was the biggest load of crap he'd seen. Both are modellers and thus historians as well...

Hello everybody, It definitely is a love it, or hate it movie. If you're looking for historically accurate movie, forget it. I saw it last night with my son. He liked it more than I did. I didn't exactly hate it, but it isn't a movie I'd recommend for everyone. The problem I had with it is it couldn't make up its mind whether it was a serious movie or a broad comedy. The actor who plays the villainous SS officer, Obersturmbannfuhrer Landa, steals the movie, he's great. There are some really good scenes that are offset by some cartoon-like comedy. If you have seen other Tarantino movies you might like this one. He manages to show some of the horror and absurdities of war, while simultaneously lampooning war movies like "The Dirty Dozen". Al
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 02:07 AM UTC
Allright, I saw it yesterday.

If you like Tarantino it's a must see. If you're looking for a war movie, forget it. It's more like a spaghetti western set in France during WWII. There are some great scenes, especially with the SS Colonel, and some very cool reverences to other movies (like the music from Kelly's heroes). So it's your choice, either you like tarantino or not.

HTH!
Stef
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 02:10 AM UTC
Oh, one more thing: If you're looking at the original film be prepared to read a lot (unless you understand French and German). Probably 60% of the film is in French and German...

Cheers!
Stef
Thommie
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
entire network: 189 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 12:42 AM UTC
I saw it yesterday and I LOVED it. People were laughing out loud and applauding at some of the jokes and the theater was dead silent during some of the more serious parts. The movie is a rollercoaster ride. It is however not an actionpacked war movie. Asmost of Tarentino's flicks, it is a character movie with lots of dialogue. The dialogue is so well written that there is some genuine nervewrecking suspense...

I''d reccomend this movie.. 5/5
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 08:41 AM UTC
Saw it - what a hoot -

Brad Pitt speaking I-Talian with that hillbilly drawl

Didn't even mind the revision of history -

I would give it two thumbs way up
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 09:01 AM UTC
I saw it last week and what a good movie!. It's got everything in it!. Drama, Romance, Comedy. I made me laugh alot!, Even when hitler got shot by the two Bastard's
The opening scene is gripping but well worth it!. The pub scene is the best that makes three of us

Go see it if you havn't but don't expect it to be an historically correct flm.

sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
entire network: 761 Posts
KitMaker Network: 262 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 05:03 PM UTC
The movie was never meant to be accurate by any means, but a fictional satire. Its Tarantino, and as others said, you'll either love it or hate it. Great flick and as said, lots of dialogue and character studies.