_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
tiny screws
woody6968
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 09:02 AM UTC
hi everyone .
im most of the way through building the old revell 1/12 scale ferrari. the problem is i am short of 10 screws these are the very small 1.4 x 4mm screws ,, dose any body know where i can obtain them from ,,, i have been in contact with revell , to no avail, they told me because the kit was obsolete they can not replace parts ,i tried to explain that lots of othere kits use the same size screws but this did not help . any info would be greatly apriciated,, thank you in advance
ArmorBuilder
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 67 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC
http://www.tankworkshop.com/Shop/agora.cgi?cart_id=691.18191&next=30&exact_match=on&product=Master+Club&user4=Rivets%2fBolts%2fNuts
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 11:06 AM UTC
Try a toy store or skateboard shop and buy TechDecks, or maybe a loonie store will have some generic version. These are mini 'finger" boards you can play with, the wheel and truck assembly has tiny screws with working nuts, and you get a mini wrench to change them. i think they are 1.4.mm. I've used em for lots of modelling needs! And they is cheap like Borscht!
woody6968
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 07:34 AM UTC
thank you julian and fred ,, i must not have explained my self very well , these screws are simple flat head srcews with a diameter of 1.4 mm and a length of 4 mm the a standard ronud head ,, thank you once again for replying , hope this makes things more clear
 _GOTOTOP