Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
I got my first Mac
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 427 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 - 08:26 AM UTC
I am so excited! On Saturday I got a new 17" Macbook Pro. I've been window shopping for one for a long time and now I am finally having my own. What a difference between PC and Mac. Like night and day. Form this point forward, there's no turning back.
Seb
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 452 Posts
KitMaker Network: 143 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 - 09:21 AM UTC
Ooh, nice! I'm jealous. I have an older model 15" Macbook Pro. It was my first Mac and, like you, I'll never turn back. The new models are very sweet. Congratulations!

Michael
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 07:11 AM UTC
Indeed they are. Honestly, if you're not doing image processing like I do, you really don't need the 17". I need the real estate on the screen and the processing power to be able to work with large files. I was having my eyes on a 30"screen, but that would've killed the graphics card, or at least would've greatly downgraded the performance. It is a great tool and the fact that I am mobile gives me greater coverage. What do you user yours for?
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 07:48 AM UTC
Yeah, you're right. I certainly don't need a 17", but I'd still love to have one. I use mine for work, which include some web design, light image processing, GIS, and word processing. I decided on the 15" mostly for GIS, because the 13" screen was just too small for mapping purposes. I'm looking forward to Snow Leopard's release. Your machine should be especially zippy running Snow Leopard!
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 09:21 AM UTC
I heard the Snow Leopard is coming out in Spetmeber. I'll be upgrading for sure, but not in the first month or so. I don't want to do the beta testing for Apple.
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 09:23 AM UTC
I agree. I'm not pre-ordering, because I'll probably wait until the first update is released. You can't be $29, though.
hkopper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 01:51 PM UTC
Welcome to the club Sebastian!! I've had a 13' Macbook for about one year and recently received a 27' iMac! No complaints what so ever and worth every penny that went into the purchase.

Hermann