_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Ireland
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Salute 2009
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 08:50 AM UTC
Was trying to find out when (if?) Salute was on this year. Nothing on www.salute.ie, nothing on www.imvg.org and eventually found 2 references: one on a living history forum from last April where the thread got locked after an argument over was a particular vehicle genuine or not and finally a more recent discussion on a Airsoft forum on boards.ie which confirms it on the weekend of Aug 29/30 at the National Show Centre near the airport. I've never been before, but weather permitting hope to make it on the Saturday. Anyone else going?

Cheers,
Sean
chicane
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 201 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 04:32 AM UTC
hows it going sean was at the last 2 salute shows well worth a visit
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hi Mr Baker,
Is that photo in the top left of yer post from Salute? I've been to the vintage military vehicle show in the Curragh the last few years but I believe Salute is a lot bigger....
chicane
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 201 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 10:48 AM UTC
hi sean no its of a panther tank at the war and peace show in kent an amazing show thousands of armourd vehicles was over there with paul walsh who owns the modelshop on blessington street he will have a stall at salute this will be the 3 year of the show i was at the last 2 and its improving each year some nice stuff at it to pass a few hours cheers
Removed by original poster on 08/24/09 - 21:56:08 (GMT).
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Made it up there today. Well worth a visit if any of ye get a chance tomorrow (Sunday). Kits of jeeps and 4x4s of various ages and nationalities, a few tracked vehicles, and loads of stands selling all sorts of kit and memorabilia. And if you're into BBs there are loads on sale and display...
Cheers
Sean
 _GOTOTOP