Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Which came first the pig or the sty?
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 09:51 PM UTC
What is the history behind the 'Pig Sty'? How did it all start?
If the answer is here and I am missing it because I am lazy, please feel free to rant and rave.
-Tank Gehrl
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 10:06 PM UTC
Ok Tank Gehrl, as I know it being a member of the sty... It was started byt Pak40 and SS-74 simply as Der Sonntag Bund Club... A bunch of guys that would meet in the chat and talk about modeling and yes sex came into the picture often, which is why we are all called pigs and DSB is the sty...I know I'm female but I don't mind being sexist occasionally...It can be fun. Oink freaking oink (++)
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 12:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok Tank Gehrl, as I know it being a member of the sty... It was started byt Pak40 and SS-74 simply as Der Sonntag Bund Club... A bunch of guys that would meet in the chat and talk about modeling and yes sex came into the picture often, which is why we are all called pigs and DSB is the sty...I know I'm female but I don't mind being sexist occasionally...It can be fun. Oink freaking oink (++)

Well as the No. 2 oinker I have to add a little more to what anne said, well, basicly it's started as a fun group, we are serious modelers, yet, we don't take rivet counting to the extreme, we are more into use this hobby as a bonding thing with people from all over the world, it's fun in the chat, I cannot remember how many times there were beverage spilled because the laughter, and yes, to some extend as a group of grown up gathered together, some off color jokes might emerge, but we keep it at a minimum and tasteful manner, no one get offended. It's really a cyber bull pen/pig sty for us. (++) (++) (++)
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 02:57 AM UTC
SS,11:54 at 10 :56 am my morning. (++)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 05:20 AM UTC
SS-74 is perhaps being a little economical with the truth here.... The standard of debate within DSB has always been of the highest quality. Not one day goes past but the porkies are looking for ways to improve the quality of the world we live in. In fact it is such a smut-free zone that sometimes it appears to be scripted by that lovely Walton family who I know are such an inspiration to all of us... #:-) Jim

(++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) The Oinky Waltons(tm)
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 03:40 PM UTC
Hi Tank Gehrl,
About a year and a half ago. SS-74 and I were always talking about how dry everything was here on Armorama. We thought that somehow this group needed perking and so for some reason I started to post that I was Pig#1and SS-74 was Pig #2. We were talking again online and we were thinking of a name to call ourselves. I blurted out Der Sonntag Bund-The Sunday Group, because we used to talk on Sunday evenings alot. So that, to my best recollection is how DSB got started.

Chris (++) the Ancient Pig