TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Run! don't walk to see District 9
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 - 03:18 PM UTC
But, like a Gallagher (SP?) concert, bring a poncho.
It's a gory splatter-fest. It is so far beyond kid friendly..

The only way it could have been gorier would have been if they ran a busload of puppies through a sawmill, forwards and then backwards, in super slo-mo.

And be warned if you are going to bring a girl, this one will cost you many many chick flicks..
(I'm actually a little cheesed off that the promotional materials did in no way indicate the level of gore in the film. Knowing what kinds of films she likes, I would not have brought my wife)

I loved it, she watched her hands most of the time.

Aliens, automatic human weapons, Nigerians, splatter-riffic alien weapons, ..

Only thing to make it more perfect would have been zombies..
Jagdpanther302
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 09:01 AM UTC
This sounds awesome!!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 12:55 AM UTC
Cool hope will be out in DVD soon.

Add to that Rob Zombie's Halloween II another one I think might be good also.

The first one was great.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 02:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, since it just hit the theatres I'd guess you have at least a few months to wait.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC
I saw it this past week and I liked it. The gore didn't bother me as I've seen considerably worse in real life. Looking forward to it coming out on DVD so I can purchase it. There are a ton of vehicles in here that would be soooo cool as kits, not to mention the aliens themselves. The movie also gives you some good views of the Casper, a heavy miine resisant transport used in South Africa, which is where the story takes place. The story is akin to the Native American re-location of the late 1800's. Starts off as a somewhat documentary and before you know it, without realizing it, it has morphed into the story. Very good IMHO. "Q"
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 05:35 AM UTC
Yup my gal and me just caught D9 just now.... WE LOVED IT!!! Now we can see the M18-side of Peter Jackson!
Loved everything about it.. a very different type of Aliens story ... Great choice with the story being in South Africa, ..documentary becoming into a full movie.. not your usual Hollywood bunch of actors.. Weaponary and action sequences.. And very little being told about the Aliens themselves and their intentions on Earth.. And the depiction of Humanity's... Never changing Inhumane side!

What I love about the end.. is that there are more questions than answers but without the bitter taste!

Praying for a sequel..or trilogy!
Jagdpanther302
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 - 04:59 PM UTC
saw it with a few friends the other day. all we could say was WOW. Absolutely Stunnig. I think ill be buying it when it comes out.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 12:37 PM UTC
I loved it!! Saw it last week and I'm still thinking about it. This may possibly as close as I've seen in a long while to being the 'perfect' movie.

Apart from the obvious apartheid parallels, the characters were all great, the photography was great, the acting was great and the CGI/Sci-Fi was great. WOW!! I agree with the original poster....RUN, don't walk to see this one.

"When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet."

Bob
Switzersland
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 196 Posts
KitMaker Network: 105 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 11:39 AM UTC
The main Character in d-9 also played the Glider Pilot (Lieutenant FUBAR) that had the bag of Dog tags in SPR.

Hooah
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 03:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Well, since it just hit the theatres I'd guess you have at least a few months to wait.

If you were in Iraq or Afghanistan you could already buy it. If you want to see somebody using a video camera to record it. I know everybody will give me flak about it but that is the way most everyone there keeps up with the movies.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The main Character in d-9 also played the Glider Pilot (Lieutenant FUBAR) that had the bag of Dog tags in SPR.

Hooah

Hmmmm..., sorry but no. The glider pilot, Lieutenant DeWindt, that hands over the bag of dog tags was played by Leland Orser, who was not in District 9.

Bob