_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from SLC.
Batosi420
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 03:26 PM UTC
Hello Forum.

My name is Ray and I... build models.

Oh it started innocently enough, a copy of a modeling mag or maybe a Snap-Tite kit from time to time. But nothing I couldn't handle. Now I see these were just "Gateway" kits and things only got worse.

Then one day I found myself in a model shop. Not a TOY store that sells models but a full-on hobby store, and I was... Home. Names I'd never heard before like Tamiya and DML, and Ohh the colors and boxart.
From that moment on every cent a 12yr old can get went to feed my new "habbit". To my next fix.

Thank God a couple of years later I found Girls and my life got simpler,

Anyway about 15yrs ago I redicovered modeling and the need that goes with it. When I started their weren't many Acrylic paints, now I'm hip-deep in PE and resin aftermarket sets. And it's great!!!

Now I'm 41, am not married and w/out kids. I've had diabetes for most of my life and several yrs ago was declared medically disabled so I have alot of free time for models.

I registered over a year ago but wanted to lurk for awhile just to get a feel before "thrown' in".
In the year + I've spent looking I've found these forums filled with kind, smart people always willing & eagar to... Help. It's a Great place.

Well, that's about all and I look forward to joining in.

Thank You to all who read my post,
-Ray
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 07:00 PM UTC
Welcome to the site, I look forward to seeing samples of your work.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hello Ray,
Good to see you've left the sidelines and jumped right in! Looking forward to seeing some photos of your work. What type of stuff do you build? Modern/WW2/other? Single models or dioramas? Figures?
Cheers,
Charles
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 08:00 AM UTC
Hi Ry. Welcome aboard. You'll like it here. Some good and talented people with lots of experience. And, besides, don't you just love the smell of styrene in the morning...

Matt
 _GOTOTOP