_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good Customer Service alert!
MikeMx
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 05:27 AM UTC
I just wanna post a not about the great customer service from the Modelzone shop in Chester UK. I bought a Vallejo grey primer from them and used it on my Revell 1/72 Hawk. The primer destroyed all surface detail, making it resemble cracked mud at the bottom of a dried river! I called them and they said to bring the kit and the primer back and they would sort something out.
I went in and spoke to Barry, (the manager) and he said no problem to exchange the paint, (despite me not having a receipt) and he initially offered a tub of paint stripper as well free of charge. He checked the kit anyway and found it was one they would normally stock, (I didn't buy it there and I told him that too) . He said I could have the value of the kit towards something as well. I was most surprised and pleased with this and I'm now the happy owner of a Trumpeter 1/72 Lightning.
So, because of the good customer service I didn't mind paying a few extra £'s towards the new kit. It's good to see somewhere these days that offers this level of service. Well Done!
wombat58
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 366 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 05:45 PM UTC
Hi Michael.
Good customer service is a very rare thing these days and it is always nice to be treated like a human being instead of just a number. I have had a lot of dealings with Jadar Hobby Shop in Poland and the service they offer and deliver is next to none. Great prices and super quick delivery, normally 4 days to Australia. They are very quick to answer any questions and done so in a very courteous and professional manner. Roden have treated me in the same way, as has Wingnuts, great companies to deal with.
The ones that treat me badly don't get my business, the best way to respond to these impolite and rude shop owners is to hit them in the hip pocket, every sale they miss out on is one they will never ever have.

Cheers

Des.
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 628 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 08:44 PM UTC
Hi I had a simliar experiance with the paint nozzles on my vallego paint bottles splitting . I contact Vallego direct and they sent me a lot more than I asked for in replacement nozzles . I recieved them in less than 4 days of asking . I would contact vallego direct and see what they say about the primer cheers ian
 _GOTOTOP