Local, Regional, or International.
IPMS AMPSEast 2009
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 11:45 AM UTC
The Northeast Military Modelers Association - (formerly AMPSCT) is proud to announce IPMS AMPSEast 2009.
Please go to www.militarymodelers.org and click on “ampseast” for all information for the show.
We have streamlined the AMPS registration process to a Master Sheet and Individual Entry Sheets that you can download from our website, print, and fill out in the comfort of your own home! Registration now only takes seconds!
This year's theme is "1939: The Dawn of War".
IPMS AMPSEast is the largest armor model show in the Northeast, featuring 80 vendor tables, 4 seminars, and our famous monster raffle along with the IPMS AMPS model show and contest!
Our 2008 annual armor extravaganza experienced a 40% increase in attendance over 2007 with 468 people through the doors and 254 entries displayed.
The show will be held Saturday, September 26th, 2009, at the Danbury Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, 18 Old Ridgebury Rd., Danbury CT 06810. For attendees and vendors staying at the hotel the Danbury Plaza is pleased to offer a special show room rate. To receive the special rate, please call 203-794-0600 and identify yourself as being with IPMS AMPSEast. You must make your reservation by August 26th, 2009.
As anyone who attended the 2007 or 2008 show will attest, the Danbury Plaza Hotel is a first class venue with outstanding amenities. It is also conveniently located one exit from the Danbury Fair Mall and the Military Museum of Southern New England.
We have also worked with the Military Museum of Southern New England to make the show weekend "Open Turret Weekend" at the museum featuring re-enactors and allowing you to climb inside many of the vehicles at the museum. Saturday at AMPS East and Sunday at the museum would make for the ultimate treadhead's dream weekend!
We hope to see you at IPMS AMPSEast 2009! Mark your calendar now!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 02:02 PM UTC
Hi Matt,
I just tried to make my reservations, and the hotel told me they had no knowledge of any IPMS or AMPS, or anything about a special room rate.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 02:10 PM UTC
Hmmm. This happens. Someone forgets to link it in their computer and the desk clerks are clueless. They should have asked upstairs for you. I will have this fixed tomorrow.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 03:41 PM UTC
Thanks Matt.
I'll give it another try tomorrow night.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 06:15 AM UTC
All fixed Dave. Call tonight and they will know what they're doing!
Sorry about that.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 11:07 AM UTC
Well, once again the fellow on the phone knew nothing about a special rate.
Eventually, after telling him this was the second time I was told that, yet AMPS said they did, and that the evening shift really needed to get updated from the day shift on matters, he eventually found the special rate.

So be fore warned, I'l be there for the week end, hopefully John can get away this year also. I stay over Friday night, as I would be in no shape Saturday morning to do anything but complain, and take pain pills if I drove up on Saturday. Then you would really see me grumpy.
Georg------ without an e, I believe already has my day planned.
 _GOTOTOP