_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
step guide ,question?
buck1917
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 07:39 AM UTC
Ive just got back into modeling a few weeks ago, got most of my supplies ,i love the looks of some of the military models on this site ,there is some real talent here on this site,what i was wondering is can anyone let me know what steps to do first ,you know like paint ,apply future and wash,weathering, it would really help me out im pretty handy with my airbrushes and tools ,its just than im coming over from building cars for a few years but im drawn towards armor..any help would be great...thanks

BUCK...
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 08:16 AM UTC
Buck,Welcome to our site of insanity, or sanity. Like all models, find your comfort zone and zero in. Armor and cars, or ships and planes, all the same as far as building and finishing. Personally, I start with a idea, find models, figures and extras and start building. Normally I don't paint untill my ground work is done, it can get messy on a finished model. When ground work is done, I then paint armor and figures and all the extras. Unpainted models and figures are easier to handle when doing ground work or buildings, ( body oil from your fingers can ruin a finished peice. Once all my ground work is done and figures painted, I weather all as needed and plce on dio base. This is just my way usually but it is not written in stone as your projects will determin how you go as you go. The most important thing is to enjoy and have fun. Just stay tuned in to this site and you'll pick up on all the tips ect. Enjoy!
buck1917
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 12:17 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply Bob ,i was trying to find out when to aply the filter,wash,and mabe some rust, i am sorry for not being clear...

BUCK...
 _GOTOTOP