_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Kubelwagen/Schwimmwagen
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 12:33 PM UTC
Does anyone know who besides Tamiya and Italeri make a Kubelwagen or Schwimmwagen kit in 1/35th scale ? I seem to remember years back that Dragon had a Kubelwagen /Imperial Series kit. Anyone else manufacture one ? Thanks in advance for any info on this subject. milvehfan
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 01:05 PM UTC
yep DML had a few kubels,
kubel with cold wether starter.
a few C/H conversions ( radio cars ambulances)

Italeri do(did) a Swimmer,
no sure of any more!
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 04:17 PM UTC
I don't know if they are OOP but Dragon had re-boxed Hasegawa 1/35 Kubels. They included some of their own parts, figures and decals. There is a DAK version that came with Rommel and an officer. There was a regular Kubel w/ Infantry cart and officer/driver, and then CH re-issued some, DAK w/ DAK troop,the cold weather starter version and the ambulance version. Both conversions were previously sold as seperate DML items. IIRC all versions came with both regular and balloon tyres as well as PE roof tilt frames. Pretty good kits, for mid war versions. Late versions would need to be slightly altered. Don't forget the CMK VW kfz kits...the type 82, the type 87 ( which is actually in need of altering to make a true 87, the DAK version, the ambulance version and the coal/woodgas stove version. Maybe you can still find the original Hasegawa versions as well? hth. If you have any questions specific to the DML kits I have them all so I can check em out for you.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 10:55 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. milvehfan
 _GOTOTOP