Los Angeles Miniaturists Meeting Sat, 5 July
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 893 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:24 AM UTC
Hello Again, Fellow Model Maniacs!

Just wanted to let you know that the July meeting of the Los Angeles Miniaturists will be taking place this Saturday at 9:00 AM at Chiodo Brother Productions in Burbank. The facility is located at 110 W. Providencia Ave, right off the 5 Golden State Freeway between the Alameda and Olive exits. As always, complimentary coffee and donuts will start the day off...

As I have said before, the club encompasses all interests and skills levels, from beginner through pro (I am trapped somewhere in the middle). We have figure painters, WWII armor and aviation buffs, sci fi and fantasy enthusiasts, car modellers, etc. etc. etc. As has been the custom for the past three months, I will be dragging along my STILL unfinished SMT Y-Wing (but it's "amost there!" I swear) along for Show and Tell. Feel free to bring a work in progress or completed piece. And as always, the atmosphere is supportive and respectful, so don't be shy!!

Aside from Show and Tell, we will have our ever popular Raffle (last month somebody won a brand new Dremel tool --- sweet!), we will also be starting a new "hands-on-the-plastic" Workshop series where we will take an unbuilt model to COMPLETION (I wish I used that word more often in regards to the hobby), practicing many of the techniques we have been witnessing in the Demonstrations. Saturday's workshop will concentrate on assembly...

So bring an unbuilt kit that you've been itchin' ta start --- if you don't have one, the Club will supply you with a Tamiya 'Raptor dino kit ta work on... The club will also furnish glue, sandpaper and other basics, but feel free to bring your favorite tools along!

And no, contrary to popular request, we will NOT be blowing up our models with firecrackers afterwards...but thank you for asking!

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!! I can be reached at [email protected]

Keep on building and hope ta see you there!!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 893 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:27 AM UTC
PS The Group is actually located in Southern California, not South America...
But hey, all are welcome

JB
 _GOTOTOP