_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Great Reference for armor
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC
Went to a used bookstore in town today and found the book "British and AmericanTanks of World War II " by Peter Chamberlain and Chris Ellis. The wealth of info in this book is amazing along with some of the odd variations on each tank type. If any of you have such a store in your area I highly recommend this title. There are over 500 photos and a description of the subtle variations from each upgrade. :-)
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 11:50 AM UTC
Cool, Tanks alot.
N8SPI
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 18 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:20 PM UTC
I bought that book about a year ago, it’s got a lot of detailed info in it. Lots of pictures of different setups on tanks. All the pictures are B&W, but it was well worth the price.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 12:26 PM UTC
I agree, it's been a staple of my library for a few years. Another good one is the book United States Tanks of World War II by George Forty. He's also got a great M4 Sherman tank book out as well. I've had these for about 15 years.
Twig
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 167 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 02:53 AM UTC
Following on from this and the possibility of opening up a book/reference discussion area on the site I have just picked up the new Fedorowicz book on the history of the 507. This does not have too many new pics of tigers in it but is more than matched for the excellent series of individual batallion member diary accounts that are interspersed with each other to give a good 'flow' of accounts of combat actions etc. I am currently up to the sections dealing with the last stages of the war and it makes interesting reading on how even in defeat there was still a great deal of cohesion and pride amongst the panzertruppen. It is just a pity that there were not some new images to be found here.

Lee
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 08:44 AM UTC
Can anyone recommend any good European books out there for armored tanks and the like?

_GOTOTOP