Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
my brother has been shot ( no death )
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 - 10:59 AM UTC
hello,
youngsters , youngsters of today have no sense of reality, now i may onyl be 19 but i know when im playing grand theft auto on the pc, and i know when im at my freinds firing the ole air rifle about gun safety, and gun control, heck i came second in my towns shoot off at army cadets, those were the days.
Now , say im playing a game on my pc, say, gta as above, i play as a eastern europen named nico, a great protagonist who has to climb the ranks of the seedy liberty city ( new york) underworld to survive and live out the american dream, you have a free reign over what you can do on the game, mow down bystanders with a motorbike, steal cars parked on the street, and i know, i know its a videogame, but what i dont understand is the people who cant seperate fictional violenece, from reality, gangs are real, guns are real, and people want the rush of power from a gun, thay want to feel powerful in a gang, its human nature, four men yes men aged 18-21 were arrested the other day in conjunction with a drive by shooting in north devon, in my town, against my brother, now the gun was not a real weapon, but that is not the point, it was still very lethal,
the weapon was a gas powered metal pellet BB gun,
my brother was cycling home, these 4 people drove up beside him, shot him in the temple, the knee and severd his break lines on his bike,
the pellets peirced the skin he is 15, we may not get on, in fact we never get on, he has a vendetta agains me and my girlfriend, but we are family, the attack was for no reason. for no reason he was shot, i really hate this country,.
my brother promptly phoned the police, and the whole shebang went down, armed resopnce turned up in minutes, and started stalking the vehicle, the passengers noticed the policecar, and threw the weapon out of the car in plain view of the police
they were then apprehended, and from what i have heard, there were lasers pointing at each person in that car,
my brother is ok, he's in brussels now looking at the eu or something,

so to sum up the story,

brother was shot in a drive by.
like i said, i hate this country, and i hate what the youth of today has become, and i have been saying that for years.
excuse my rant,
here is a news report, and a few strange comments
shooting
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2009 - 05:25 PM UTC
I am truly sorry to hear that your brother was shot. A BB can do a lot of damage. It is pathetic that people see this sort of activity as a form of entertainment. In my town (36 miles south of San Francisco), we have similar incidents from time to time. About 3 blocks from our house, there was a drive by a couple of years ago. They used a .45 cal pistol to do it, and literally blew away the young girl who was on the pay phone. I don't remember what her involvement was with the "youths" who did it, but I remember that my wife used to walk by there every morning. That was the last day she walked. I drove her after. The movies, video games, pop culture numbs them to reality. They have no concept of what they do. I agree you, and I commiserate with you. I own a funeral home. I usually see the results of their entertainment or their form of justice. Hang in there.

You're not in it alone,
Matt
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:02 AM UTC
Someone drove up my street about 2 years ago and unloaded on the house three doors down. Put about 15 9mm rounds into it at 5 in the afternoon. I guy who happens to work with me took one to the chest. The round passed through the front of his house and about three interior walls so all it did was knock him down. Lucky guy. They never caught anyone. They meant to shoot up the crack house next door.

Shaun

/strange days
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 01:34 AM UTC
I'm truly sorry to hear that happen . I just lost a friend a few days ago , murder by a group of young punks because he did have any cigarettes . What is also sad is these punks are protected under the young offenders act and will get nothing more then a slap on the wrist and will be out doing it again . And they get away with it . My friend now will never get to see his son grow up , his son will never get to know his Dad .

CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
Pathetic commentary on a segment of today's youth. Here, at 88 miles south of S.F. we get our share of shootings & stabbings. It appears to be mostly gang related but inevitably, innocent bystanders end up being involved.
Glad that your brother is alright. But for a few millimeters, it might have been a different story altogether.
C.
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:52 AM UTC
Back in 1987 Canada didnt have much of a gun problem. I mouthed off to a drug dealer in Toronto (bad I dea I know,but I was young-er and had little sense of mortality.) He pulled a gun on me. Luckily a police car "happened" to drive by at that moment and he took off...
Things are bad ...theyll definitely get worse before they get better. I honestly think we as society need to go back to treating others the way we would like to be treated. There has Always been problems, and as populations rise,and societies continue to intermingle at an unprecedented rate we need to keep our heads and our hearts. Im a Christian, and I know many out there are not ,and thats ok by me.We all have our beliefs and we need to RESPECT others.. Whatever we believe I think we just need to stop...breathe ..and give each other just a little more slack...alot more love...
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:17 AM UTC
James, sorry to hear about your brother but glad he's okay. It's not just in the UK either, as you've seen from the other posts. Last week in Baltimore, a 5 year old little girl was shot in the head by a punk who was shooting at another loser. The shooter was 17 years old with an arrest sheet going back to when he was 10. Very sad.
bobman331
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 12:04 PM UTC
i play grand theft auto all the time, and shoot real guns all the time, and ive never even thought of shooting any thing alive or that isnt on the target range for that matter. all im trying to say is that not everyone who plays gta is a trigger happy nut case.....any way, if you hate britain, come on over to america!!! lolol. we have less gun violence....at least in massachusetts any way. btw, glad to see those trigger happy punks met the long arm of the law.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 01:26 AM UTC
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your Family. However I don't believe its because of a game that people do this but how they were raised. I was raised around guns and I raised my kids up to respect and to treat a gun as always loaded. I think it falls on the parents to how their kids are raised or lack of Parents.
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
entire network: 216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 02:45 AM UTC
it sucks that this is what the youth refers to as entertainment, what happened to shooting coke cans with BB's? They would deffinately benefit if they picked up this hobby, it should be a court mandated thing...perhaps more people would be interested
BoogalooJ
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 230 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 04:21 AM UTC
I don't buy the whole idea of blaming games either. I grew up with guns around and learned how they worked and how to use them safely (my Dad was a police officer) and plan to teach the same thing to my daughters. I also played many of the violent games that were complained about when I was in my teens. Never crossed my mind to go and try something like this.

We had a similar situation here a number of years ago, but instead of a bb gun, it was a 22. They thought it was harmless, and shot a pedestrian as they drove down the street. Unfortunately, they got him right in the heart and he died where he fell on the sidewalk. I think they ended up getting a good firm slap on the hand...love the justice system up here.....

Jamie
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 05:17 AM UTC
hey giys thanks for teking the time to reply, i myself am a big gamer, and have shot in the past, but i believe it is a big factor on the thuggish types, monkey see monkey do, i know a fair few of these "types" and they are influnced form everything, by the sounds of it they take their morals and lessons form soaps like eastenders.