_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi All
thprph
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 10:20 AM UTC
I came back to modeling after many years and I am enjoying learning everything all over again
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hello and welcome back to the hobby. You didn't post a name, what part of NY are you from? There are several clubs throughout the state and the surrounding area. Many of them sponsor shows and contests which are a great places to see some really nice work and meet a great bunch of guys. I hope to see some of your work posted on this site or at one of the local shows. Al
thprph
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 02:22 PM UTC
Hi Al,
I am from Westchester NY
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:51 PM UTC
Hello Tom, I used to live in Westchester and I still work there. I moved up to Wingdale, in Duchess County about six years ago. I belong to a small club, IPMS Connecticut Yankee, that meets in Stamford, Ct.. You can contact Doug Hamilton ([email protected]) if you are interested in attending a meeting. They are a great bunch of guys of all skill levels and with varied modeling interests. I don't make as many meetings as I used to, because of work hours and travel time. I also belong to the Hudson Valley Historical Miniatures Guild (HVHMG) that meets in Hopewell Junction. Also a good group, we are about 40 mins. north of you (depending on which part of Westchester you live in). We meet on the first Wednesday of the month, 7PM, at the library. It is esily reached from the Taconic Pkwy.. Our club hosts a show in Poughkeepsie every October. If you Google HVHMG you'll find the club website. There is a great members gallery. I hope to see or hear from you on this site, or maybe at a local show, or club? Al
thprph
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 02:47 PM UTC
Hello Al. First thank you for all the information regarding the local clubs. I know what you mean I am very busy at work with lots of projects and find it tough to make the time for modeling. I live in Tuckahoe. Hope to run into you at some of those meetings. I will keep in touch via forum
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:55 AM UTC
Happy to help Tom, I forgot to ask, what do you like to build? Armor? Aircraft? Ships? Cars? All of the above? Al
thprph
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hi Al,
I like to build Armor. I am currently build a T-34/76. I am a WWII buff of sorts. How about you, what do you like to build?
Tom
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 02:34 AM UTC
Tom, I like to build just about everything. It just depends on the subject, and my mood. Never been a big fan of Italian armor, but love the 'Sahariana', for example. I like the Panzer III, but never cared for the Panzer IV. I have built different four versions of the AMTRAC, and had started a fifth that I still work on occasionally. I just don't find certain subjects appealing for some reason. I once brought an armor piece I did to a club meeting many years ago, and someone said," I thought you built aircraft?". I like to diversify. I want to build a 1/350 ship but the size of the PE parts terrifies me. I have even been known to dabble in, dare I say it, Sci-Fi subjects! Al
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 07:31 AM UTC
Welcome back to the fun house. You;re going to like it here. A lot of good people with a lot of experience, and they like to talk about what they're doing, and how to do it.

Good building to you,
Matt
thprph
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hi Matt,
Thank you. I am looking forward to it.
Tom
 _GOTOTOP