_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Born Again Model Builder
Jahhdog
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hi. I used to build models of all types when I was a kid. I didn't care what the subject was as long as I had something to get my small sweaty hands on. I was a member of the model of the month club (I think it was sponsored by Revell but my mom was the actual subscriber)...

The kit would be given to me if I had a good month at school.I'd get whatever kit came in the mail that month. Hehe, even when my schooling didn't go so well I usually got to build the kit

I remeber building a apollo on the moon kit, A V2 rocket, a viking war ship...

These all stick out because I had to do something different on each kit. I used foil for the lunar lander. I did my first camoflauge paint job on the V2 rocket and I did my first thread rigging for the viking war ship (the horror)...

I was probably in 7th or 8th grade when I started to concentrate on mostly military and mostly armour kits. I stuck with whatever was available from neighborhood stores as the nearest hobby shop was a 20 or 30 minute bus ride away...

Once in high school I discovered girls and my models were either tossed in storage or blown up with fire crackers and gasoline (I know kinda crazy when I think about it now)...

Fast forward to today.

I don't have kids but my nephew (who visits frequently) has expressed some interest in kits and in miniature gaming... I thought I might combine the two as the cost of 1/72 or smaller armour isn't too bad!

Maybe I can even throw in the odd 1/35 scale kit for us to work on when we aren't blowing each other away on the gaming table!

So please bear with my "probably dumb" questions as I try to make my model building come back

After seeing some of the excellent work that you guys do, I know I'll be able to learn a lot here!!!

Cheers JD

mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 04:18 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Great introductory story. You're going to like it here...great place, great people, lots of experience to share and lots of humor, too.

Matt
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 05:23 AM UTC
Welcome to the network. I look forward to seeing some of your work, and remember there are always people willing to help if you have a question.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 05:34 AM UTC
Welcome to the site ! Lots of very helpful folks around here .

Any questions at just ask ...............

What part of Canada are you in ?
 _GOTOTOP