_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Genuine sellers still exist
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 07:43 PM UTC
Over the last few years, Ive read many threads warning of bad sellers or those who rip off for postage, etc, but Id just like to make you all aware that there are still some great sellers out there, who still offer good deals, donīt rip off with postage and are 100% genuine.
In early May, I bought 2 sets of Tamiya barrells/jerry cans from Ebay seller The Kit Cupboard. 2 weeks after payment the kits did not arrive, so I sent a mail to the owner to enquire. He promptly offered to refund the money, or order 2 more sets and send them. I was in no immediate hurry so said I could wait on two more to be ordered. Last week I received a note from the PO to collect the new package ... which was sent by registered post this time ... at no extra cost. I didnīt get to collect the packet until Monday this week, but then there arrived another slip also.
When I collected both, it turned out to be both sets of Barrels/jerry cans ... the first being post dated 15/5/09. It had gotten caught somewhere in the post between England and Sweden. Ive contacted Rich at the Kit Cupboard and will pay again and keep all 4 sets, but Im bowled over, at the great customer care from a really genuine seller. This is a seller really worth recommending, and somebody worth doing buisness with.
Fazer1006
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 234 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 08:02 PM UTC
Good to hear of some positive transactions after a lot of reports of negative deals.
haven't tried 'The Kit Cupboard' before but will have a good look now!
Mark
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 08:05 PM UTC
I've had a similar experience with www.hannants.co.uk : ordered an AFV Stryker M1130 (not a cheap item) and waited about 3 or 4 weeks. When it never arrived I email them and they immediatly dispatched another. 1 week later that arrived, the next day the origional arrived! Post date showed it was "in transit" for over 5 weeks. Anyway, emailed Hannants again to see if I shoud return it and they said no, just keep it and enjoy.

Cheers,
Sean
 _GOTOTOP