TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
game reccomendation
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 03:13 AM UTC
i highly reccomend faces of war By best way, its a Rts, and is much more entertaining than Company of heroes, and will only set you back a tenner .
or if you have more income and a better pc, try the newer Men of war by best way. i can really vouch for the game, it is one of the few Rts' with a HUGE range of vehciles, Turtle, js2 , t34 Pioneer and Pz2 Luchs for examples ( in multiplayer)
the single player lasted me a good 2 months due to some missions being quite tricky, you can click to tell vehicles or troops where to go, or directly controlll them, driving them with the arrow keys and firing witgh the mouse, i cant tell you how much fun it is to drive a Kingtiger through a house

worth checking out.,
Kastanova
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 150 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 12:31 AM UTC
I concur,
Faces of war Has a better class of gameplay incomparison of CoH, but lacks the graphic detail of the fore, sometimes graphics aren't what makes a game 'cool'.
but i prefer 'Close Combat IV/V' for replay-ability compared to faces of war. and my favorite RTS game is 'Hearts of iron II' you crontrol government, production, Research, diplomacy, economy and all war matters personly and is considerbly cheap in comparison all three besides CoH are must haves IMO, if you are to buy COH make sure its Oppossing fronts much better to play as the 'Brits' instead of the repetative 'Yanks' no offence meant
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 12:43 AM UTC
im just getting the demo for cc5
for coh, the newer add on is absloubtly bad (sorry thq) the upsides are, swimmwagens for panzer elite and wehr, m18 hellcats replacing the m10 in usa
commonwealth kangaroo carried, v useful.
the new campaigns are a bit crap, and copy direct fire from FOW.

cc5demo

i ahve yet to get cc5 as its downloading, and isnt hears of iron + 2 primeriallt a tbs?
Kastanova
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 150 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 03:28 PM UTC
James,
you might be right but Hearts of iron was in the RTS section of my local game store so i assumed it was a RTS . yet to get New CoH, but after hearing your explaination my wallet can rest easy for a few weeks.
close combat invasion normandy works on Vista if your running that system but when you click to runn the game imediatly pres control and you get the sub menu, turn of the Videos! bink player only works up to Xp lol once thats turned off and the game wont load go to the menu ad open it from there and click like cazy it will go to the menu then.
Cheers,
Mat