Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Tigerfibel book
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 - 01:18 PM UTC
Happy Friday people ! I just got home from my LHS with a couple of treasures. First was Dragon's #6253, 3 in 1 Tiger, opened but still in the interior bags for $36. But the real find I think was the "TIGERFIBEL" manual. It's an English translation printed in 1998, but still has all the little cartoons, witty sayings, mechanical drawings, plus and minus breakdowns of Russian armour including "lend-lease" tanks. Anyway, it looks like it might be a fun read and add to detailing efforts. Is anybody familiar with this manual ? Have a great weekend everybody !!!! Tom
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 3,736 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 - 02:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Happy Friday people ! I just got home from my LHS with a couple of treasures. First was Dragon's #6253, 3 in 1 Tiger, opened but still in the interior bags for $36. But the real find I think was the "TIGERFIBEL" manual. It's an English translation printed in 1998, but still has all the little cartoons, witty sayings, mechanical drawings, plus and minus breakdowns of Russian armour including "lend-lease" tanks. Anyway, it looks like it might be a fun read and add to detailing efforts. Is anybody familiar with this manual ? Have a great weekend everybody !!!! Tom

It's also duplicated in the Walter Spielberger Tiger book most recently published by Schiffer (there was also a 1992 edition by another publisher, but the books are the same).