_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
A Quick Question
Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 03:30 PM UTC
I am finishing a few builds and plan on displaying them on wood bases

At various shows and in pics here, I notice guys have a small plate with info on the vehicle engraved.

I was wondering where I could get something like that done. I looked on Google, but all the places I found require bulk orders

Hoping someone can help
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 03:46 PM UTC
You could either try a local engraver (trophy shop for example), or you could try Oz Engravings. I've not used the latter, but from the feedback i've heard they are well received...
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 05:29 PM UTC
I get my plaques from a trophy/ sports awards and printing company. If you shop around the company that you use may have a greater variety of fonts. I got a couple this past May for AMPS and the plaques cost me 12.00 each. One was for a German Elefant and they were able to do the Balkenkreuz on it . The other was for a KV-1 and they did a red star in addition to all the lettering which resembled Cyrilic font. Try to get them with holes predrilled for the mounting nails. I prefer the plaques that are colored and then once engraved show the brass in the lettering grooves, it adds a nice touch. good luck
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 03:07 AM UTC
Besides trophy places, try a jeweler or even Sears. I had the first one done there quite a few years ago. My current supplier, Binn Bros. who does the club trophies/awards, will do a self adhessive 1.5 square brass plaque for about $4.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi, Look in the Buy/Sell/Trade Fourm under Professionally Engraved Name Plates. If you have paypal, youngc is a Great Guy to deal with. milvehfan
Northwestern
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 02:07 PM UTC
Thanks for all the advice guys

I also just found out that there is a place here on base that can do something like this. I guess they do it with all the plaques for people getting awards and leaving to another base and such
 _GOTOTOP