Super Glue Applicators
Ragnar2004
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hello Everyone,
Sorry to ask but just needed to ask a simple question. What would be best to use for applying small, as in head of a pin, type drops of superglue? The glue bottle applicators are to small and toothpicks only work for the thicker glues. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions to keeping the glue tips clear and not get clogged with CA. Sorry to ask such simple questions but I did not know who or where to really ask.

Best,

Walter
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 04:39 AM UTC
you can snip part of the eye off of a sewing needle to apply thinner adhesives.

keeping the glue out of the tip, is a constant loosing battle
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 198 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 06:53 AM UTC
I use a two inch long piece of florists wire (or any thin wire, like you can unwind from electrical cable). With tweezers or better still, long nosed pliers, turn around a loop in one end into a tiny almost circle, so it looks a bit like a letter p. Then bend the loop to a right angle to the rest of the wire, so you've got like a tiny ladle with a hole in it. The other end I just loop around so it makes a kind of handle.

Get a piece of polythene, that slightly soft waxy feeling plastic; I use bottle tops from plastic milk cartons (you get a new one every day...) Put a drop of glue in it; it will take a very long time to dry on polythene.

Then dip your tiny loop into the glue, and you'll pick up a small blob in the loop which can then be transferred to your item. It's a bit like a very small version of those blow bubble wands that kids have.

Does that make sense, or do you need a drawing? I realise it's not very easy to describe.

When it gets all glued up, just chuck it and make a new one. The bottle caps, you can pick the glue out of when it's dry.
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 198 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 07:02 AM UTC
Here you go:
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 11:02 AM UTC
That's a goody! Mine is similar,using bread bag tie wire or anything around #30 size. Burn the plasic/paper off the bread wire and shape as above with the tiny loop being the most important. When all globbed up after use you can burn that off as well and keep going.
Wax paper for food can serve in place of bottle cap,too.
Cheers!
Rick
PS- The bread bag wire,when burnt clean and left straight, makes excellant aerials for AFV's.
Ragnar2004
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 11:04 AM UTC
Hey, thanks Guys! ( Matt and Matthew),
Those are great ideas! I will give them a try asap. Thanks again!

Best,

Walter

P.S. Just saw your post too Rick, good idea!
 _GOTOTOP