_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
memorial day
jccraemer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 462 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 10:14 AM UTC
I carried this with me throughout my 6 years in the army. my grandad gave it to me and I just wanted to post it:

Remember Me?
Some people call me Old Glory, others call me the Stars and Stripes, but wahtever they call me I am your flag.
I remember some time ago people lined up on both sides of the street to watch the parade and naturally, I was always there, proudly waving in the breeze.
When your dad saw me coming, he immediately removed his hat and placed it over his heart, Remeber? And you I remember you standing there straight as a soldier. You didn't have a hat but you were giving the right salute.
What happened? I'm still the same flag. Oh I may have a few more stars since you were a boy, and a lot more blood has been shed since those parades of long ago. But I don't feel as proud as I used to. When I come down your street, you just stand there with your hands in your pockets. I may get a small glance but the you look away.
I see children running around and shouting. they don't seem to know who I am. I saw one man take off his hat and look around. He didn't see anybody with thier hat off so he quickly put his back on. Is it a sin to be patriotic? Have you for gotten what I stand for and where I've been? Anzio, Normandy, Guadalcanal, Korea and Vietnam.
Take a look at the memorial honor rolls sometime. Look at the names of those who never came back in order to keep this republic free. One nation under God. When you salute, you are actually saluting them.
Well it won't be long until I'll be coming down your street again. So when you see me, stand straight, place your right hand over your heart. I'll salute you by waving back. And I'll Know that you remebered.

Ok that being said remember our vets this Memorial weekend be safe and thanks..

milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 03:07 PM UTC
YES, I REMEMBER and ALWAYS WILL, Three Cheers for OLD GLORY and for THOSE who Have Given Their All so that we may live Free ! A Safe and Happy Memorial Day to all. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS ! milvehfan
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 09:27 AM UTC
Freedom isn't free; somebody paid. thank you to all here who have served; welcome home every time you come back from deployment; may God Bless and keep you and your families. I will never forget.

Matt
USMC 65-71
jeepkid019
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 - 12:58 AM UTC
Be Safe, Have a Good Memorial Day. j jeepkid019
 _GOTOTOP