_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Finland!
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 09:36 AM UTC
Hi all modelers! My name is Kimmo and I live in city of Tampere on centre of Finland. I´m 39 years, married and have 3 kids. I´m making come back on modeling after 20 years since my latest model (1/24 Plymouth GTX ´70). Yeah, I know, not a AFV model exactly. I finished my first model after break on 2008 and it was 1/35 T-34/76 ´43 of Zvezda, made to look as Beutepanzer. That was my first model ever, which I tried washes, chipping, etc... It was also my first touch on Friul tracks plus I replaced some of the kits parts with selfmade parts. Well result was what it was but it still got some encouraging comments on finnish modeling site, where it is in my gallery.
But I´m pushing forward trying to developed my skills on modeling. New project in under process... When I´m not in my corner modeling, I´m hanging here enjoying your great models and seeking information.
So, cheers to you all and forgive, if my grammar is wrong, english is not my first language.
Sorry all, I was little lazy and copied my introduction from Armorama and placed it here. My last aircraft model was about 30 years ago but I have a stash ready waiting the moment I get tired for armoured models. They are mainly aircrafts used by Finnish Air Forces during WWII. So, I take contact to all you experts here, when I start my first aircraft. Let´s keep in touch.....
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 01:57 PM UTC
Hello, and welcome to the website. This is a wonderful community of modelers, and a great resource for techniques, tips, and answers to questions. I was near Finland a couple of years ago when I was at Peterehof, across the Bay of Finland (or Sea of Finland?) at the time of the G-8 summit. You will enjoy it here, and don't be afraid to ask uestions.

Enjoy,
Matt
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 03:52 PM UTC
Kimmo...Welcome back to model building and welcome to Armorama. You won't find a better modelling home on the internet. We look forward to seeing your comments and models.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 06:31 PM UTC
Hi and Welcome Kimmo You are on the best modelling site in the world . Share your ideas and thoughs with us and pick our brains for info . Lot's of helpful folks here with many answers and tips . Oh yeah , we love pictures ! so don't be shy and post your work
Rusty2785
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hi Kimmo

I'm new here too but from what i've seen so far everyone seem very friendly and helpful. It's been a while since I was last building models too, so don't worry I think we are both in the same boat of having to ask for help but everyone seems happy to guide our lost modelling souls lol

Good luck mate

Rusty
thprph
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 11:00 AM UTC
Hi Kimmo,
Welcome. I too am back to modelling after being away from it for a long period of time. Look forward to seeing your work.
Tom
 _GOTOTOP