Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
What am I going to do?
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 01:05 PM UTC
I just fractured my elbow and I probabley wont be able to model for at least a month+. I also cant play any XBOX 360
I need to find something to keep me busy thats model related...looks like ill be roaming the forums a little more

C ya
Evan
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 02:06 PM UTC
Before there was XBOX, and the Internet, there were these things called "BOOKS" used to gain knowledge and to entertain.

Sorry to hear about the broken bones though.
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 02:33 PM UTC
Yup the first place I went was Borders...maybe some military books...but I found nothing that would keep my interest...Ill find something to keep me occupied
Hopefully it will be closer to 4 weeks and not 6
thanks
Evan
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 02:54 PM UTC
Your on the right tract with some military/history books. Maybe time you did some research for future projects. Just a suggestion, but in your place I think thats what I would do. Get well soon...... milvehfan
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
entire network: 2,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 124 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 02:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Before there was XBOX, and the Internet, there were these things called "BOOKS" used to gain knowledge and to entertain.

The rectangular things with a lot of paper sheets inside ????
This is a good one Dave.
So Evan you can read books about modeling, this is good idea.
dispatcher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 04:46 PM UTC
I recomend a book "Blood and Thunder" a great book about Kit Carson. I would rather read WW 2 books but that one is good. I also recomend anything on the Lewis & Clark Expedition. Study up for your next build, plan it in detail while you have the extra time. Plan ahead on items you might need.
Joe
acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 10:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yup the first place I went was Borders...maybe some military books...but I found nothing that would keep my interest...Ill find something to keep me occupied
Hopefully it will be closer to 4 weeks and not 6
thanks
Evan

There's a place in most towns that works kind of like Blockbuster, but instead of DVDs and games, they have lots and lots of books in there for you to look at and they'll even let you take them away for weeks at a time.

Strange idea, but it seems to work.

It's called a Library or something...

Get well soon...

acav
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
How does breaking your elbow keep you from using your hands? Not to sound like a smart ass or anything, but I had rotator cuff surgery two years ago. My right arm was in a sling that pretty much immobilized it for three weeks. But, I figured out that if I raised my modeling chair a few inches and positioned it just right, I could still use my hand even though it was barely peeking out of the sling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, where there's a will there's a way.
Removed by original poster on 05/12/09 - 03:36:46 (GMT).
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,024 Posts
KitMaker Network: 270 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 - 01:23 PM UTC
Evan im so sorry to hear about this, i just got out of my cast and got a velcro splint, trust me your going to need the military books, because thats as close as i got to the hobby during my broken wrist period. feel better
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 - 04:39 PM UTC
Ive kept fairly busy the last few days and hopefully It will only take 4-6 weeks to fully recover and Ill have an elbow brace which is much much much better (no more baths )
Hope everything works out and heels well with your wrist Calvin
Evan
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 - 09:29 PM UTC
hey Evan bummer about your elbow dude, no Xbox or modelling for 6 weeks, ouch that would drive me mad! i echo the guys suggestion plus what i'd do is read some books preferably WW2 and study the accounts of battles, or reference photos and formulate dio ideas, or what your next build will be, or start referencing your stash, by doing it on your computer, what stage of the build your at, or what AM stuff you might need in the future, at least it something modelling related and, keeps the mind sharp ready for when your fully healed and read to build again. preporation is always a good thing. Ant