_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hey!
sinistervampire319
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 189 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hi Everyone,
I have been building models since the 5th grade back in '75. I like to build the Vietnam through Desert Storm era, Armor, Aircraft, etc. My Favs are Vietnam (Dad served), small bush wars, ie. South Africa and especially Rhodesia. Don't care much for most of this modern crap.
I am working on the Hobby Boss M706. So I will be asking alot of annoying questions. Also doing ongoing research on some Rhodesian aircraft (Lynx) and softskins (Pookie) for future models.
I am prior service Army. I was a Bradley Linebacker crewmember. Anything else just ask.
Cheers, Alan
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC
ahoy:

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to ask questions and participate. There's a lot of experience and working knowledge in here. it seems that everyone has a special tip or some incredible detail on a subject that can enhance your build, and help you to imagine what you could do if..... Don't be hesitant to ask, or contribute. Glad to see you served. I did, too. I was a forward observer for a hand grenade team in the USMC.
Have fun, build on.

Matt
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 10:53 AM UTC
Hi Alan,

Welcome to Kitmaker

Good to hear of someone with an interest in the other 'Nam - Namibia that is. I'm even more surprised to hear of someone with an interest in those obscure Rhodesian vehicles - they had some truly interesting stuff.

Rudi

(p.s. I'm ex-South African with Rhodie out-laws - me missus was born there at the time Mad Bob came to power)
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 01:53 AM UTC
Hi Alan

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Regards
HastyP
 _GOTOTOP