_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Aeroclub orders
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:57 AM UTC
Does aeroclub take a long time to process orders. I placed one a week ago
for sundries. Glue, paint, rigging material and the like. I did ask them if
they got my payments OK, and they said they did and would contact me when
the order was ready.
Seems a long time to put some paints in a box. Anyone else experience this
with them? I'll give them another prod today anyway.

Update: Just got a nice prompt response to my email saying it was sent a
few days ago. Nice one aeroclub. I look forward to my trying out my PC-10
paint.

JP
tigermothtimoth
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 - 02:26 PM UTC
I hope this won't be regarded as "off topic",but since you seem to have resolved your issue with Aeroclub I'd like to ask if you have had any experience with Alanger. I have found their delivery times to be long in the past but my current dealings with them are really exasperating! I received an order that took about one month to arrive and it was short three of the six items ordered with no mention of their status. To top it off it arrived before another order that is about two weeks older. I have been unable to reach them by telephone and emails have gone unanswered. Anyone else had a similar experience? Any suggestions on how to deal with recalcitrant sellers like this? I know...I know...I know, don't order from them again.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 - 05:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope this won't be regarded as "off topic",but since you seem to have resolved your issue with Aeroclub I'd like to ask if you have had any experience with Alanger. I have found their delivery times to be long in the past but my current dealings with them are really exasperating! I received an order that took about one month to arrive and it was short three of the six items ordered with no mention of their status. To top it off it arrived before another order that is about two weeks older. I have been unable to reach them by telephone and emails have gone unanswered. Anyone else had a similar experience? Any suggestions on how to deal with recalcitrant sellers like this? I know...I know...I know, don't order from them again.

I guess nothing has changed at Alangers. Same dismal service as in the past.
tigermothtimoth
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 07:16 AM UTC

Just an update on my dealings with Alanger. Almost another full month has gone by and I still have not been able to receive any sort of reply about my missing order. This problem has now been ongoing for about three months and neither telephone calls or emails have been responded to; so just a word of warning. I've pretty much given up hope for this and the good prices advertised turned out to be nothing of the sort. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what steps could be taken to at least recover my missing money?
 _GOTOTOP