Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
pita bro
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 10:49 PM UTC
anyone have problems with their siblings, cus man, my brother is a pain in the backside, im unemployed, and when i step in tot he room, i get a barrage of why dont you get a job fatty, your never going to get a job becasue nobody would hire someone like you and so on and so forth,
today i catch him taking a day off school, his excuse, " they have moved mondays lesson to tuesday and because i usuall go to college on monday im not going today", if that happened to me when i was in school my Ma 'n' pa woudl have just sent me on to school anyway.
He naysays my guitaring, my modeling and the fact i like to game. everything i do is worthless. however, he is a financial goldmine at 15, he collects antique bottles and sells them with a hell of a lot of profeteering in mind. he picked up a bottle from a car boot, for £2 sold it for £300.
he pulled the ligaments in his leg, me and my girlfreind put togetehr what we had at the time ( wasnt much) to get him something to do ( he was housebound) so we got him a small kit, he turned his nose up and shoved it into the cupboard.....
lol
Rant over.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
He's your little brother. Kick his butt! I thought that's what little brothers are for.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:48 AM UTC
Get a job! That'll show the little schwein!
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:35 PM UTC
hey guys!!
Cary, i get in deep manure for even looking at him funny!
hey Rudi, I am looking:D its not much but there is a saturday job for a assitant at an art shop, i am applying for that, i ahve also applied for a care home and most of the major firms in the town
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:51 PM UTC
Hi James,

I feel ya buddy. Unfortunately when times are tough and jobs scarce you need to consider jobs outside of your comfort zone - kind of like what you need to do to put food on the table as opposed to what you want to do. I'm not suggesting illegal activities but consider a trade - plumbing (everyone needs a plumber right?), sparky stuff, brick-laying - you know what I mean? Else you could sign up - the Royal Armed Forces pay pretty well from what I've seen.

Sorry - I'm sure you've heard this "lecture" all too often, but I'm giving it to a younger sibling at the moment as well

Rudi

Edit: p.s. another alternative, which if one I'm trying to encourage my lost little lamb to do is study further - never underestimate the value of education
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 01:28 PM UTC
yeah i hear y with the trades. i could go in as an apprentice, but barely anyone is taking on, i am keeping eyes and ears pricked for good oppertunites though.
to behonest you can never hear it enough, youd be surprised how many people just say, get a job, as opposed to give ideas and support a la your previous post,
eduactaion drifted to me, after school i spent a year in college, college then refused me my second course, so i had a year out, last year i tried my luck again, i got in, only to let the paperwork ( and loner) side of things drag me down into depression, so as a bad descion i left. bringing any chance of getting back into college down with me. so that was a bad idea, but im focused on getting a job.
with the forces, it would be brilliant if i wasnt a sociophobe, ha, since last year my confidence has be zilch, christ i get peopel to go up to counters for me to buy my stuff

ah its probably not as bad as i make out and im just warbling on.
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 01:35 PM UTC
Another one with no conception my girl friend's brother is the same!

He expects everything to be done for him, if somone doesn't physically put food in his mouth he's "dying". Aparntly he has problems with his knee's but he wont do the exersises the pysio gave him (ignore my bad spellng) he doesn't understand the concept of money and working for it. The other day he came into work and we've got a remote for the TV so the customers can watch it whilst there meal is being sorted and he leans over the counter picks it up and starts flicking through the channels! My boss goes nuts at me then at him! then he had the cheek to ask me for free food! . I've never seen someone so lazy! he goes to the bing thats if he even makes it there and instead of putting his rubbish in the bin he puts it on the worksurface above him! He's always calling his sister fat (My GF) and shes not but she thinks she is because of the bullying from previous years and he constantly in here face screaming and doesnt wonder why she shouts and lashes out at him!.
He wll purposely come into to dsturb us and ruin everyhing!.

The best was when I went on holiday with them I crept into my GF room to speak to her ( as you do ) he followed me in just after with the dog made the dog jump on hs gran which woke her up and her parents then jumps on me and my gf and we both go mad at him! he goes in a strop then slams the door in my face, i come into the room im sharing with him
and he keeps saying all this stuff like my family was better without you, you've ruined everything, by this time i was being dragged of the kid and being pinned down incase I really got hold of him!.

So yes i know how you fell mate!

As for the job situation you will find one just keep trying I managed to get one

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 01:53 PM UTC
My little brother pays about as much in taxes as I make in an entire year. I am a lieutenant colonel with over 26 years of military service and make very good living, 6 figures a year. I am the "poorest" of my parents' children.

My brother makes about three to four times what I make. He's always on cruises and traveling on business. He has no family but spoils our sister's and my kids. She married well and her husband makes a lot of money as well. When the Red Sox go to the World Series, they're the ones who watch the game from the luxury suite.

Of course, I'm the one with the fancy title and get to live in all sorts of places.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 02:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

with the forces, it would be brilliant if i wasnt a sociophobe, ha, since last year my confidence has be zilch, christ i get peopel to go up to counters for me to buy my stuff

I sincerely hope you don't think I'm lecturing...

But what greater way to gain confidence that join up - what's more is they will teach you a trade if that's the route you choose to follow.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 02:21 PM UTC
Providing you do not have any criminal convictions get in touch with any security firm. They always need people as not many people don't have a skeleton in the cupboard, wages can be poor to good depending on what post you are lumbered with as well. You will need to do some tests and pass some exams for some posts before being hired due to the requirement of a license, this can take up too eight weeks but at least there is a job at the end of it.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 09:59 PM UTC
thqanks for the replies guys, definately some stuff to mull over,
James, he was out back on his bike, harassing everyone he knows for deals on stuff he wanted before he was cleared by the doctor, and he is far from lazy. i think whe should rename the buisness side of him to del boy. he found loads of fertilizer bags ( fill of fertilizer) dumped one day, next day they were gone and he had a tidy profit, but one day his ken eye and his bottle collection got hin nicked, for b&e an old factory.

Rudi not at all:) ,the forces would be a good idea, ill look into whats availiable

Quoted Text

I sincerely hope you don't think I'm lecturing...

Darren ill look into the local security companies, ( ha i doubt theyd take on someone scared of bees.)
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 04:16 AM UTC
Not all security officers deal directly with MOPs as there are a surprising number of roles that have to be done.
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,548 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 10:12 AM UTC
Tricky one this. I am doing both, education and job. I am truely knackered. Also not being nasty, the job centre is not the best. Public servies are always short. Like Darren said Security. If you have a car, ambulence drivers are needed, but you need less than 6 points on your licence.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 09:11 PM UTC
I sort of had your problems when i was a kid,i was the fatty shy no good at maths couldnt get a girl blah blah blah well I decided to go to a boxing gym packed on some muscle (the bullying stopped then strange that) my confidence soared the girls started to take an interest now i had the guts to talk to them to cut a long story short I ended up a policeman running a small constabulary it takes time and a lot of imput but you get there in the end.