_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Bush Telegraph
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
cent 5/1 build
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 366 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 02:07 AM UTC
gday mates , i read a build log about a centurion by maybe mick toad ? now i cant find it . ( tech challenged ) i'm nearly finished mine and wanted to check some final things . please can you help ?
youngc
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 02:13 AM UTC
Here are the two threads you are looking for.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/130382&page=1

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/137475&page=1

Good luck with your build mate!

Chas
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 02:34 AM UTC
thanks chas . i'm on break and furiously modelling 3 kits - afv cent , tamiya 1025 humvee and a hasegawa wrc subaru . head back to Onslow . wa . on thursday drilling . no internet n no modelling . . close to finishing all 3thanks for your help
youngc
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 02:42 AM UTC
Have a safe trip up. Do you have any chance to snorkel while you're there?

bpunchy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 03:09 AM UTC
to mick toal , i owe you an apology . sorry i got your name wrong . i aint reel smart . ( strong like ox smart like buffalo )
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:27 PM UTC
dear chas , sorry no time for snorkling , 12 hrs work , dark when we start n dark when we get home . been fishing once , handline from a rock groin one night til a local told me theres a large saltwater crocodile been seen in the area ! waiting for our offshore drill rig to mobilise or an rdo to go fishing . Seen plenty of snakes ( local bloke got bit by a king brown in the pub last swing - true story ! ) turtles , sharks . great place .
Modelling research question - theres a photo in my dads 5rar tour book 1969 - 70 that shows centurions of B sqn crossing the start line of operation hammer ( the battle of Bihn Ba ) 6 june 1969 . AWM BEL/69/382/VN . how would i find the number and callsign/name of these beasties . thanks for all your attention .

youngc
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 03:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Modelling research question - theres a photo in my dads 5rar tour book 1969 - 70 that shows centurions of B sqn crossing the start line of operation hammer ( the battle of Bihn Ba ) 6 june 1969 . AWM BEL/69/382/VN . how would i find the number and callsign/name of these beasties . thanks for all your attention .

Best post that in the History Club forum mate. My thoughts are perhaps requesting a larger copy of the photo from AWM so you can make out the callsign number.

Chas
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 01:48 AM UTC
Tanks chas , will do , gunna try 5rar association too and ring the Australian War Memorial . I've no contacts at armoured to try . Should get it sorted . Happy modelling .
 _GOTOTOP