Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Wacked with Garden Rake,,,,,,,,, Duhhh!!!!!!!
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 01:14 PM UTC
Got caught up with the great weather up here in Scotland

Bank Holiday Weekend gardening fever and tried to put slabs down for the caravan to sit on too.

In the process I wacked my pall Rab's finger (note his,,,,,,,,, not mine) while putting a nail in two pieces of wood. Rab was holding them together and pointed to the nail while I was in full flow. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Duh!!!!!! I really thought I broke his finger.

I also managed to do myself some damage with a rake ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and yes I did stand on the rake which then wacked me in the face.

Result

Both were real "You've been framed" moments but unfortunately without the video.

Rab suggested that he could even up the head by wacking the other side with my hammer. He promised to make them match too.

Back to the Garden tomorrow ,,,,, will be wearing every possible piece of protective gear possible.

Sorry Rab for the finger ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, glad you saw the funny side especially after the rake.

Nige
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 03:39 PM UTC
Hell of a nob on the noggin Nige,

You and Rab could visit the pub and nurse your garden war wounds. You could also make up a great fanciful story to explain it to your friends. Something along the lines of being attacked by the vicious squirrels in the neighborhood.
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 03:39 AM UTC
Hi Dave

I don't know about attacking squirrels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, more like a three stooges sketch!!!!!

I can't get the rest of the thick slabs I need so have to down tools and build my models. I mean what can go wrong with super glues and sharp knives and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

And it is raining so I am off to get the models out instead.

Nige
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 08:41 AM UTC
See what happens to people when they stray from modeling? I made it a point to show my wife what can happen to modelers when they are made to (ugh) work in the yard!!

Nasty egg on the noggin there....hope it's getting better

Cheers,
Charles
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 10:55 AM UTC
Well Nige that is one nasty bump on the noggin , I feel your pain for I have done that many times before . Worst part of it all when burning leaves in the fire pit a gust of wind pick up and flames shot up in my face removing my eyelashes and making the eyebrows seem smaller . The joys of working in the garden
gothicgeek
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,042 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 11:01 AM UTC
ah my thoughts are with you.....

no injury here but some concerned citizen rang the fire brigade to my tiny garden fire! two engines to interupt my tea and say " oh it is a little one isnt it! "

oh dear
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 06:24 AM UTC
I have a back yard. I check it every single day through the window when I sit down at my modeling worktable. Every day it's still there, so, no problems. Snow, grass, leaves, weeds...God puts them there, let him pick them up.
Okay, okay, I mow the lawn every two weeks....but I use the time to solve modeling problems in my head and plan future projects!
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 01:25 PM UTC
God that had to hurt!!! I got really lucky this weekend when I was cutting some fallen trees. I had just finished cutting with the chainsaw and went to move when the chain cut through the top of my pants and made a nice parallel two track cut across the top of my left thigh!! Luckily it wasn't too deep!! I walked back to the house thanking which ever power it was who was looking after me!!! Spent the rest of the day modelling
Darryl
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

God that had to hurt!!! I got really lucky this weekend when I was cutting some fallen trees. I had just finished cutting with the chainsaw and went to move when the chain cut through the top of my pants and made a nice parallel two track cut across the top of my left thigh!! Luckily it wasn't too deep!! I walked back to the house thanking which ever power it was who was looking after me!!! Spent the rest of the day modelling
Darryl

Cringing at the thought of you having cut any deaper into your femoral artery,,,,,,,,,,,,

That just does not bare thinking about!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you lived to tell the tale and model some more. DIY tools and me go well so far but I have had a few close shaves too. Like falling off a ladder into the only space the size of my ar*e surrounded by other sharp and fierce looking DIY tools and materials and a power drill with long bit in place pointing right at my kidneys.

Someone was looking over me then too.

Nige
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 10:39 AM UTC
Nige,

Seems that someone up there likes us
Be safe!!
Darryl
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,548 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 12:29 PM UTC
Thats using your head Nige, hope it gets better.