_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Touch n Flow clogging
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 05:24 AM UTC
I've tried these applicators a couple of times and they keep clogging. I've used them with Tenax and with Tamiya Extra Thin. I've tried placing them back in the glue and sometimes that works and other times it doesn't. I've tried blowing through them. I've tried using a lit match. I've tried placing them in solvent. There must be something I'm not doing or these wouldn't keep selling. Any help would be appreciated.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 06:04 AM UTC
only reccomendation I can give is to put it back into the solvent/glue and let it set. Seeing as you have already tried that, I'm not sure what the problem is. When I use mine I always blow whatever remains in the tube out using a small syringe. The syringe the fits perfectly into the opposite end of the TnF. I also use the syringe to draw the solvent up into the tube as well. If it clogs while I am using it, I can usually take my finger and flick the needle part to start the flow again. Similar to what is done with a hypo before receiving an injection to remove any air in the needle. I have four or five TnF's as mine used to clog and I would buy anopther one, but since I started using the syringe, I haen't had to buy any others. Hope it helps. Could possibly be dirty solvent too.
"Q"
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 11:24 AM UTC
Thanks Matthew. I think I have a couple of syringes in my fishing tackle box. I'll give that a try.
 _GOTOTOP