_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Replacement Defective Parts Trumpeter Models
ClpHack
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 01:40 AM UTC
Just purchased the 1/35th Scale Chinook (C47A) from Trumpeter and the rear right tail section is defective. The part did not completely form and I cannot repair it. Has anyone had any luck with contacting Trumpeter's customer service and getting replacement parts? I did make contact with a customer service person but he no longer responds to my e-mails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:07 AM UTC
Thier US importer and part service is Stevens International. Good luck though. They are very slow and often forget about you. Not a good service at all.
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 11:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thier US importer and part service is Stevens International. Good luck though. They are very slow and often forget about you. Not a good service at all.

I disagree. I called them at a phone number I got, if I remember correct, for both a clear sprue for my 105D, and a set of building instructions, explaining that my wife got rid of them by mistake, and the lady on the other end of the phone said that she'd get them to me "right away." I received them both in about a week. Neither slow nor inattentive that time. Just my experience. I'd give them an a+ for that experience. I have continued to purchase Trumpeter and enjoy the kits. If i needed anything, I'd call them again. Maybe a phone call makes a difference. Once again, just my experience.

Matt
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 02:06 AM UTC
I'm glad your experience was better. I conversed via email on mine and had to send back multiple times. On one occasion, the part never came and I stopped checking on it. I think it also matters if it is in stock or not too. If so, they can get it to you much quicker.

I still buy Trumpeter and will continue to though.
ClpHack
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 06:17 AM UTC
To everyone: Thanks for the link to Stevens International; I'll give them a shot and then let everyone how it turns out.

Loren
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 09:03 AM UTC
Thanks for the Stevens Int'l link. I've been on "Ignore" for several months now trying to get a deformed part replaced from a Trumpeter kit through Trumpeter's web site. I can't get any answer from them at all. I just sent a request to Stevens and hope I will do better with them, even if it's only getting an answer.
 _GOTOTOP