Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
a christian model builders site
grandad43
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 11:21 PM UTC
check out this site guys
www.agapemodels.com
B24Liberator
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 134 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 12:10 AM UTC

Now that's something you don't see everyday! It's actually quite a comprehensive..!

One might say he was devinely inspired ...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 01:14 AM UTC
Personally, i'm pretty unhappy at this link. Kitmaker Network owes its success partly due to the fact that it has kept the Political AND the Religious AWAY from the Forums. Seperation of Church and Network?

I've seen this site before and frankly the 'message' is Religion 1st, Modeling 2nd. Fine. Everyone is entitled to their own views and beliefs, Kitmaker has got a clear policy on NOT allowing any kind of propagation of this type to exist on the Forums.

It's a great target for Flame-Wars, an opportunity for axes to get sharpened and, in general, not something we want here... Nor is this Forum the appropriate place for it (even if we wanted to encourage it).
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 02:55 AM UTC
Thanks Larry: It's nice to a place to goto where a person can share thier love of God and models.
grandad43
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:19 AM UTC
I think that yall have misinterperted my intensions
I never ment to pull anyone away from Kitmaker ths is also a great site but for the few of us who believe in God and love him its another great site

I will not pull out of this site in favor of agape its just another club

Larry
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:20 AM UTC
I would have to agree with Jim on this one . It's great to have ones beliefs to improve on their well being making them a better person . But why is this posted in the scratch builders forum ?

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:39 AM UTC
Larry, my comments were simply to state the policy of the Network. We have almost 40,000 registered users with probably close to the same number of opinions on politics or religion. That's why we actively discourage these subjects being aired in the Forums.

If people want to participate in a faith-based site, then that is up to them, i'd never criticise them for it. However, it's a simple equation - links to political or religious sites are not, in many people's opinions, in the nature of what THIS Network is all about.

Our remit is simple - to provide a major resource to modelers of all skill levels and aspirations. With experience, the best way to foster conflict and general bad-feeling is to encourage religion or politics on this site.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:52 AM UTC
I recognize the member from the FSM forum and have seen the site from links over there. I build for enjoyment and if he enjoys taking a Christian approach, more power to him. I'm ok with it as long as no one tries to impose their own personal beliefs upon me.
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 05:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Larry, my comments were simply to state the policy of the Network. . ."

You have made your point.
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 10:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would have to agree with Jim on this one . It's great to have ones beliefs to improve on their well being making them a better person . But why is this posted in the scratch builders forum ?

I agree with The Girl. My $1.02 worth. Good point, Terri.

Matt
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 01:25 PM UTC
I've moved this to the 'spare parts' forum, were it belongs. At a touch. I'm not going to start a discussion, but just to clarify Jim's statement a little simpler perhaps; there is a fine line between what one person finds acceptable, and another offensive. Politics, Religion and sex are probably the three most explosive subjects that you can discuss.
Now when it comes to modelling, we all have a love for building plastic in common, and that is why all the different subjects can live together, without anybody taking offence on a particular subject. Politics and Religion are different. I only need to point you to the current major conflicts around the globe, to make my point.
And that is why we keep a close reign on religion and politics, to avoid potential problems.

acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've moved this to the 'spare parts' forum, were it belongs. At a touch. I'm not going to start a discussion, but just to clarify Jim's statement a little simpler perhaps; there is a fine line between what one person finds acceptable, and another offensive. Politics, Religion and sex are probably the three most explosive subjects that you can discuss.
Now when it comes to modelling, we all have a love for building plastic in common, and that is why all the different subjects can live together, without anybody taking offence on a particular subject. Politics and Religion are different. I only need to point you to the current major conflicts around the globe, to make my point.
And that is why we keep a close reign on religion and politics, to avoid potential problems.

And that's why this thread should be closed down.
grandad43
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 05:22 PM UTC
Henk

Man I didn't realize that I was digging iin a hornets nest
I am truely sorry I just wanted others to have another choice and provided the web address so that those who wished to may see a DIFFERENT site
grandad43
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 04:43 AM UTC
Larry,

your link is not a problem, and that is why I have not removed it, nor locked the tread as such. You are, as is everybody else, entitled to your opinion etc. As long as a link does not lead to an offensive, or illegal, website, it can remain.
The problem is rather with the potential responses. That is why we have to keep an eye on these kind of threads, and prefer it if they are not started. It remains a fine line... but we don't want to go down the line of deleting everything that deals with politics, or religion.
One thing to remember though Larry, is that anything like this should be posted under the 'Spare Parts' forum, as that is a dedicated forum for subjects that may not be to everybodies taste.

Henk
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 11:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Personally, i'm pretty unhappy at this link. Kitmaker Network owes its success partly due to the fact that it has kept the Political AND the Religious AWAY from the Forums. Seperation of Church and Network?

I've seen this site before and frankly the 'message' is Religion 1st, Modeling 2nd. Fine. Everyone is entitled to their own views and beliefs, Kitmaker has got a clear policy on NOT allowing any kind of propagation of this type to exist on the Forums.

It's a great target for Flame-Wars, an opportunity for axes to get sharpened and, in general, not something we want here... Nor is this Forum the appropriate place for it (even if we wanted to encourage it).

Larry I've been watching your posts best of luck mate!.

Its good to see you relate your hobby to your religion, I can see it can help personally your not breaking any rules your etitiled to an opinion t doesn't really contain any properganda just a link where people can share there hobby with there religion and you can talk to people that share that. Personally it should answer your post about being worried so thank you for posting that link!

bobman331
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 07:30 PM UTC
yaknow what guys? if u want to dicuss the separaition of relig and modeling, then do it on another forum. no offense intended btw.

btw, modeling IS my religion