Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
need some help with GOD
grandad43
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 12:40 PM UTC
I am in despert need of your prayers
I went to the Providence Hospital in Columbia S.C. this morning for a routine heart evaluation
I wound up having a heart Cath
Now I will have to undergo an operation this thesday coming Apr 28
the operation is to be open heart surgery and I am scared to death
I am a christian and consider God to be my BEAT FRIEND however I am not ready to depart this earth yet
I have 4 grand kids and 2 great grands that I want to spend a few more years with
please ! if you believe in a higher authority be it God or tunkashala or budda or jahova or whoever you pray to

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME

grandad43
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 01:17 PM UTC
Larry,
I have had several friends and my mother-in-law all undergo open heart surgery. It is no walk in the park but all have survived and are living normal lives now. It is remarkable what the medical science is able to do now days. Certainly you should have concerns and you will be nervous but the odds are with you on this.
I will include you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Sincerely,
Charles Reading
CRS
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 01:21 PM UTC
Larry - Be concerned but not too concerned. I just had a double by pass this January, scary yes, but I'm doing fine now. Follow you Doctor's Orders, and my prayers are with you. I got a nice scar out of it and learned a valuable lesson, "if they offer you pain medication before they start a procedure, TAKE IT"
jschleicher
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 01:38 PM UTC
Hi Larry,

I went through much the same thing in June of '06. Went in for a pain in my shoulder and within a couple of weeks I had a quintuple bypass. So I certainly feel for you Brother, "Heart Surgery" is definately one of those phrases that will freak you out.

In the time I had before I went under the knife, I spent alot of time researching the surgery, and even watching You Tube videos of the actual procedure. While there are no guarentees, and there are things that can go wrong, the procedure his a pretty high sucess rate.

For me, the worst part of the whole thing was the breathing exercises I had to do afterwards (During the surgery your lungs deflate, and you have to do an exercise to stave off pneumonia).

I guess I'm just trying to say is not to sweat this too much. Considering what they are going to fix could kill you tomorrow, the risks are pretty small compared to the outcome. You'll be OK.

Nevertheless, I will include you in my prayers. If you have any questions that I could help you with feel free to PM me.

John
majjanelson
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 02:55 PM UTC
Larry,

As a fellow South Carolinian, I want you to know that I've had surgery at Providence. Although my procedure was not cardiovascular, the hospitol staff were great and the Heart Unit there is quite excellent.

Recently, a good friend had quadruple by-pass when the doctors could NOT perform a Catheterization. His wife is an EMT and she was at home when he started having a heart attack. Her actions are most likely why he is still with us.

I tell you this because your surgery is serious, but survivable. Maybe this is God's message to get your attention?

May He hold you in the palm of his hand, Bless you and keep you safe!
grandad43
Visit this Community
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 03:44 PM UTC
Friends

I have actually died twice and after meeting St Peter at the golden gates he sent me back both times telling me that my work on earth hasnt been compleated yet
I am starting a church youth group
I talked to the pastor of my church a few weeks ago and put forth my group plans and he and the deacons jumped at the chance to work with me
(I am Baptist)
our neighborhood is in need of something for the kids to do so the members of the congregation voted to help finance the project

model building for Christ will be the name of the group
we will also have camping and field trips and trips to NASCAR events ( Pastors Idea)

grandad43
mvfrog
Visit this Community
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 04:25 PM UTC
Larry, one year ago I had a major surgery and I am here to talk about it. I got a new kidney. I will indeed pray for you. When you get out and are up and around, you let me know and I will send you some models for the kids in your church group. That is a great idea, something to live for, and something I would like to be a small part of to support your idea. I will, indeed, pray for you.

God bless and keep you. Your work is not done yet.
Matt

Remember to let me know when and where to send the kits. You must be there to receive them.
jakes357
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 254 Posts
KitMaker Network: 79 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 04:49 PM UTC
i went thru what you're facing and would like to donate some models also. PM me when you need them
jake
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 06:00 PM UTC
My thoughts and prayers go out to for good health and a speedy recovery
jowady
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 06:12 PM UTC
You and your family are in my prayers. Good Luck,

John
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 09:31 PM UTC
My Prayers include you and yours. I believe your work here for the Lord is not complete yet, Good luck with the Youth Group and I wish you a speedy recovery. milvehfan
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 12:52 AM UTC
Sorry to come in late but my paryers to you also.

God will help.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 01:15 AM UTC
I've moved this to the spare parts forum, as it didn't really belong in the 'scratchbuilders' forum.

Good luck with your operation Larry. Major as it is, it is a procedure which is very successful, almost routine.

Henk
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,548 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 01:47 AM UTC
I really hope it goes well for you!
jwb
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 02:22 PM UTC
Hi folks! I just received this update from Larry's daughter- thought I'd pass along the good news!

Quoted Text

Daddy's surgery went very very well. They performed a double bypass. He was in about 4 hours, but the doctors said he came through with flying colors. My mother just called and said that she had just spoken with the doctor again and that they will have him sitting up and walking tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the prayers from all of you!