Local, Regional, or International.
2009 AMPS National show
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 08:03 PM UTC
I went to AMPS yesterday [ it is 2:49 am and I am just getting in] and it was awesome. I just want to give a shout out to everyone that I saw at the show and also to the great people that made it happen. I think it was good to be able to put a face to the names that I always see on this site. I met Neil Stokes who did an excellent seminar on Soviet tank colors and markings. [Thank you Neil] I met Dave O' Meara , Matt Toms and many others. Thank you Frank Di Sisto and Andy and all the Treadheads out back for the good food, company and music. The amount of models[ approx. 576 ] and the talent at the show was amazing. Thank you again everyone for a great show and a great time. Jim Rosado
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
Was good to meet you Jim.
Glad to hear you enjoyed DaCisco Kids' BBQ.....
I shot aorund 500 photos, and will be posting them ASAP.
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 04:43 AM UTC
Hi Jim, I too was happy to meet you. And as always Dave, nice seeing you. As to Franks Grilling - it was a highlight of the weekend.
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 872 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 02:14 PM UTC
Dave - As always, its a great time when Grumpy is around.

John - It was great to meet you. Hope we can talk more in the future.

As far as Frank D and little Brooklyn out back....On Sat I had a great 2 hours at the show just sitting under a trees with Grumpy, Steve Z, Cookie and many others, sipping and eating and having some great converstions. I can't say thank you enough to Frank.

It was a great show.

Rounds Complete!!
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 05:22 AM UTC
As always, the friends make the show for me. The models were outstanding, with the quality and the variety much better than in previous years. It wasn't a sea of Tigers, and Panthers, and Shermans (oh my!) but a facinating blend of unique, rare, and obscure vehicles. This was my 11th AMPS International, and on a personal level I enjoyed this one the most.
Dave, as always, it's great to share a meal and a lot of laughs with you.
Jim, after all the conversations we've had here on Armorama, it was fantastic to meet you and have a good talk!
John, where the hell were you Bro? I was in that building from Thursday noon to Saturday 8 PM (I was Security Chief for the show) and I looked for you but I didn't see you once! I saw a Jim Steinman, but that wasn't you! Sorry we missed each other.
Mike, it was great to search the grounds at APG with you and hang at Grumpy's bar. Thanks for all the great stories and laughs.
And of course, Georg, Neil and Bill rounded out our little gang and we all had a great time at the show and after hours! Thanks to all on making our final APG show so much fun!
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 01:48 PM UTC
Matt I was there, just ask Sean Lynch! I spent a long lunch with Jim and Dave and wandered around the display for a good 3 to four hours - even did a stink judgeing! I am planning on AMPS East so we can catch up there!
 _GOTOTOP