_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Opinions on Pace spray booths?
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 06:16 AM UTC
Does anyone out there have a Pace spray booth ( http://www.pacepaintbooths.com/pace/ ) and care to share their experiences with one? Are they any good? Are they worth the money? I'm not handy enough to build a booth myself, but I came across the Pace booths on the Web and they look good, if pricey.

Can anyone recommend any other spray booths? I build mostly 1/35 modern armor, so the booth doesn't have to be huge.

Thanks!
redcobra04
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
I have the mini version.It has a good motor. The filters you can get from any hardware store. The only thing i had to do to mine was seal the top motor bracket to the housing with some silver duct tape. The kind they use in heating and a/c work. Works great for 1/48 and 1/35 scales. might be kind of small for larger scales. But it works for me. HTH
Mugwump1
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 11:42 AM UTC
That looks really cool, but I just built one in a couple hours with some scrap wood. It might cost $10 for some MDF to make one. I also had some Plexiglas to cut for a window and a spare light socket to mount inside. All I need is a small brushless fan, an inexpensive furnace filter and some dryer hose.

You could probably buy all of the materials PLUS tools(saw and drill) for under $150. Anyone can learn basic woodworking skills. Teach yourself some basic woodworking skills and have some new tools to boot. I may take some pics if anyone is interested in seeing how simple it is.
 _GOTOTOP