Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
WHAT TO BUILD NEXT
grandad43
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 01:06 PM UTC
Been building scale models since about "55 mostley cars at 1-25 scale but lately have been branching out most of my kit built models were destroyed by an unknown vandal who broke in to my hole-in-the -wall shop while I was spending time in the hospital ( wont go into details)
therefor I decided that that vandal wasn't going to stop me
picking up the pieces of mu trophy winning builds and seeing the prices that I would hve to pay to purchase new kits I sat down at my drawing board and began to sketch objects that I wanted to try so far I have built asail boat a cival war cannon and hae scratch built aa diorama featuring my sons race car (all scratch built

grandad43
Larry
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 01:23 PM UTC
There is a scratchbuilding Group Build coming up titled, ACUTR.
Anything goes.
Welcome to Kitmaker dot net and build whatever feels good to do.

thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 03:26 PM UTC
Welcome Larry , I would have to the same as KSO . The campaign starts this summer and runs for a year . Lots of guys doing different type of models .

build what makes you happy . Have a look around on the all the sites for kitmaker .

I would say how about trying a WW1 aircraft !
grandad43
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 04:44 PM UTC
I have built the gallows British wwi aircraft and the German tri plane (Balsa wood) and was happy doing it but I am as, I have said ,unemployed at the moment and due to surgery consequenly a severe heart attack ( classified now as unemployable) and am trying now for disability but that may take years (Here in the states) no $ coming in , living day to day on social security therefore I am destitude and cannot purchase my groceries much less a model
I have a friend that is suppose to be sending me a USS Constitution kit that he had in the attic of his home (God knows if I will get it or not)
its the 1-96 scale model by revell have built it before at a much younger age but dust destroyed it gonna enclase this one (If i get it) in a glass case

I have a fully equiped modeling shop so space isn't a problem I would love to build another balsa wood WWI plane
Birthdayscoming up so Ill hint to the family about a kit ~~ maybe it will work and then again maybe Ill just get another shirt

grandad43
Larry
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 05:23 AM UTC
Welcome to the community, Larry. There are some really fine people here. There's a lot of skill and ability represented in these posts, and a lot to learn from. You're gonna enjoy it. Hang in there and keep swinging at the ball. Welcome.

Matt
 _GOTOTOP